Translate

Monday, February 20, 2023

February 20, 2023

            Ok, we are starting a new week here at the Ford Homestead, that means we got through the day even though “we”, my favorite wife and I, worked until our ole body were worn out.

            My first wife went out front and removed some items (decorations) then placed some items. As she was doing that, I was preparing for my work in the back 40. This preparation included, watering some flowers and the berry beds, along with the flowers in the green house. I then removed the Poopa-Loopa from the back 40. I should note that the Tres has a tendency to make a deposit after I have removed the Poopa-Loopa, photo to follow, which may be disturbing for some readers, caution advised.


            I also removed the small sticks from the back 40 in preparation for the mowing. The only thing growing in the back 40 is the ole winter grass (aka weeds) but there were plenty of them. After picking up the Tres’ toys, and rolling up the hose and electrical cord, I was almost ready, but I had to get the mower from the storage area (take the tarp off) and then check the air in the tires, as one is always out of air. I add gas and checked the oil, now I was ready to mow. The mowing went off without a hitch.  

            The next project was to replant some flowers. The Mother-in-law tongues had a lot of dead in the two pots, so I removed the dead and replanted the live. I had purchased bags of potting soil, and the potting soil looked more like topsoil. Not happy with the dirt!

            I also had noticed that we have some green leaf buds popping out on a tree in the back 40, the photo isn’t good, but one can see the green.


            This is a tree stump, I had cut the limbs off a few years ago and left the tall stump. The stump is trying to sprout new limbs and that is why it looks so silly.

            Completing all the work and replacing all the tools, I headed for the house where I took a short rejuvenating nap. Nap complete, and dog feed, I went outside and sit there with an adult beverage in hand. A few minutes later my favorite spouse came outside and sat with me. We enjoyed the beverages and time together as the weather was cooperating.

            All in all, we got a lot done, and enjoyed the afternoon resting and discussing any and all things. As a reminder, I do go to the doctor and get cut on tomorrow morning early, so there will likely not be a posting.

Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope your holiday is safe and full of good things.

Workaholic

Senior workaholic at the Ford Homestead who needs a cup of coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: