Translate

Friday, February 3, 2023

February 3, 2023

            Ice is cold and dangerous. My favorite wife and I went to the store yesterday and we left the house about 9:00am. We first went to the Wally Store, we found several parking spaces at the door, and I went in with her. We were among maybe 50 customers there. We would walk down an entire aisle and be the only two people in it. The store was quiet, it was very unusual.

            Leaving the Wally Store, I had hope to stop at the star coffee place and get a cup of real coffee to enjoy while my only wife was in the H E Store shopping. There were cars wrapped around the star coffee place, so with tears in my eyes, I drove on, remembering the once good tasting real coffee.

            This time my first wife went in alone and I sat in the vehicle. When she had completed her shopping, we headed for home. As we were driving on Hewitt drive, I noticed ice falling from a wire that crossed Hewitt drive in front of us. This must have been close to a 30-foot bunch of ice falling. If that would have fell on the Ford’s ole Chevy, I feel that it would have damaged the vehicle.

            At home the ice that was on the trees was falling off due to the wind blowing. There were hunks of ice that was as big as a baseball falling in the back 40. We felt that it was a good idea to keep the Tres inside while the ice was coming down. I did see several tree limbs broken in yards as we were driving.

            I checked the new rain gage twice yesterday, once before we went shopping, it had ½ inch water in it, and after returning from shopping, it had “1” inch, photo to follow. Yes, I did empty the water out in case of a freeze last night.


            My present spouse and I went out for supper yesterday evening, the food was good, and there was a lot of traffic yesterday afternoon. I think people were out for the first time, after being home bound for a couple days, hoping to get groceries and other needed items.

            Topic swap: we had not received a newspaper or mail for a few days, and my first wife was beginning to get upset about the paper not arriving. This morning, after daylight arrived, we received the newspaper. There seemed to be more than one paper in the plastic sleeve. We do need one more piece of tax information, maybe the mail person will run today, and maybe we will get it.

            Will, I guess that is it for now, we hope your day is filled with warmth and happiness, please stay safe.

Schedules good!

Senior retired person who seems to be back on a normal schedule, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: