Translate

Sunday, February 5, 2023

February 5, 2023

            Good morning or afternoon, depending on when you see this posting. Allow me to begin with, I did nothing yesterday other then take it easy. My present wife and I did take her van and get some gas in it. The price of gas is back down about 20 cents locally, but it is still too high.

            After getting gas in the Ford’s ole Dodge van, I drove to the star coffee place and procured a cup of real coffee. This is the second time in my memory, that I have went to the star coffee place and there was no one at the drive through. I drove all the way around the building, stopped and place my order, drove around to the window and there was not even one vehicle in the drive through.      NICE!

            We stopped at a couple other stores where my first wife entered and bought some things. We returned home and I did very little, until…

            I did notice that the neighbor’s dog was out of her pin, she ran across our front porch, so I called the owner and asked if he was home. The neighbor was out of town and said they would be back late that night, he asked if I would get the dog back in her pin, and I agreed to try. I walked over to the front of the house where I noticed a vehicle in the drive way so I pushed the button for the doorbell a couple times and received no response.

            I called to the dog and she gave me the look, and ran around the end of their house, where I followed. When I came around the house, I noticed that the garage door was about half way up. I opened the gate to the back yard but the dog would not go in. From the garage there is a door that opens into the back yard, so I went to the door and opened it, and the dog ran through the door into the back yard.

            Mission accomplished, I was ready to head for home, but I decided to knock on the door from the garage into the house as I still wondered if anyone was there. The daughter of the neighbor and her two sons came to the door. After the required greetings, I explained that the dog was out and I had put her back in the back yard. After all that grueling effort on this senior ole person’s body, I may have taken a nap.

            Later in the afternoon (about 3:00pm) I went outside and looked at a project that would have required me to do some sanding and then stain some wood, and since this seemed to be very stressful work, and I would have gotten my hands dirty, I decide to pass on the project temporarily.

            Having delayed the possibility of tedious work, I made a cup of decaf coffee, as I had received enough caffeine from the star coffee. Cup in hand I was able to maneuver my ole body outside to the swing, where I lowered my behind onto the seat. The sun was shining and it was a nice day, so I decided to sit there and enjoy old age. Wouldn’t you know it, my favorite wife came out and sat on the swing with me.

            Anyone who has shared a swing knows, it is good if both participants have the same mind set. What does he mean by “same mind set”, they asked. Having the same mind set means, “when one participant wants to swing, the other participant should also want to swing”. It is difficult sharing a swing, when one person has her feet on the ground and attempting to keep the swing still, while he is trying to motivate the swing!

            As we were enjoying the decaf homemade coffee, and the nice weather, a neighbor came over. This neighbor has a lot of back problems, with so much pain that it is difficult for him to do much of anything. Well, he has gone to the doctor and they put one of those pain blocking devices temporarily in his back, and he said it works. In the near future he will be getting the device permanently implanted in his back.

            Now before you ask, allow me to provide the truth, the swing or same mind set info was made up.  

dog wrangler!

Senior person who needs a rest after all this writing, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: