Translate

Thursday, February 23, 2023

February 23, 2023

            Good morning to everyone, and it is a good morning. It isn’t raining, but there is a chance for some later on this week. We did get almost ¼ inch of rain yesterday.

The cut that was inflicted upon me by the surgeon, seems to be doing ok. I did remove the bandage this morning and all looks ok. Yes, I do need to put a clean bandage back on the incision.

            Let’s move back in time to yesterday: I did work in the devastating heat yesterday afternoon, I was allowed to remove leaves from a flower bed, and during that work period, I was also allowed to remove dead plants, or parts of dead plants. This work was partially in the direct sun, so I had a long-sleeved shirt on and a hat, along with sunglasses. Did I say I had gloves on as I did not want to get the stickers in my hand again? Well, I did have the gloves on!

            It was so hot that I was sweating, and the sweat was getting in my eyes. To wipe the sweat from my eyes, I had to remove the glove as it had dirt on it, then the hat, then the glasses and then using the long-sleeved shirt sleeve, I could wipe the perspiration from my eyes. Then, once the perspiration was removed, I head to reverse the process, putting everything back on.

(Did you notice I switched from sweat to perspiration, it makes my writing look smarter I mean more intelligent.)

I feel as if I did a good job even though I did not get an, “At a Boy” from anyone. I have a few weeds in this flower bed and I hope to coat then with roundup today.

I did get Dave and the kids from work and school and take them home safely. After delivering the kids to their homes I was allowed to rest my ole body out in the Ford’s ole rocker for a while.

Wow, I just thought, I did not get a cup of real coffee yesterday…

Well, I guess I will stop entering data and go bandage my ole scar, we hope you have a very good day, stay safe and be nice to at least one person.

Perspiration

Senior retired person who will make a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: