Translate

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

February 15, 2023

            Well, we made it through the valentine’s day without too many problems. Dave and Claire got their furnace running again, it was a $6.00 fuse that had blown.

            The weather was very nice yesterday and it is supposed to be nice again today. My favorite wife and I sat outside yesterday afternoon and enjoyed the nice weather and a nice beverage.

            As we sat out doors yesterday afternoon, our pot hound Tres observed a dog running lose in the neighborhood. Naturally Tres had to warn everyone within a mile that the dog was lose by barking like crazy.

            Speaking of the Tres, yesterday when the lady came to the front door do deliver some flowers for my favorite wife, Tres went crazy when she rang the doorbell. It took a while but I was eventually able to get the door open, receive the flowers, and not have Tres attack the delivery person. Photo of flowers to follow.


 
            The nice weather seems to have the birds using all the bird houses. In the photo to follow, we see a bird sitting outside the house enjoying the afternoon. This particular house does not normally get used. I have thought that the birds in the house next door (about 10 feet away) were fighting with any bird attempting to use this house. That does not seem to be the case now.


            I was surprised yesterday when I went to pick up Alex from school. He normally gets out of school at 4:00. I sat there waiting and he did not come out, after a few minutes I learned that he had some type of football practice and did not get off until 5:30. I then headed over to the high school where I picked up Gabi and friend.

            Odd topic: as I sat on the Ford’s ole recliner drinking my homemade coffee this morning, there was this so-called news about a school district, and all the principals of each school were gathered together in a meeting. This meeting was instructing the principals of each school to, “take time to talk with each of the staff in their school”. The term staff means from the newest janitor to the most senior teacher, all staff each and everyone. This was to be done to learn what the staff thought, and find ways to improve the schools.

WOW, the principals of the school did not know they should talk with their staff?

Talking with staff, learning their thoughts is good, but then the principal, or manager needs to take action and implement proper changes.

            Well, I can’t think of anything else that would be of interest to anyone, so I will close by wishing each of you a safe and productive day. 

Talk not, learn not!

Senior ole person who talks and writes too much, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: