Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2023

February 18, 2023

            Happy Saturday to each of you, even though it is cold outside. Yep, it is freezing here at the Ford’s homestead again, and they are saying we will be in the 80s in a couple days. Texas weather, what could be better?

            Well, lets see, what can the Don tell you about yesterday? I did go to the eye doctor yesterday, he said the condition of my eyes all look the same, see you in 6 months. They did dilate my eyes which I do not like, so I did little to nothing for several hours. I did try to read at one time before lunch, but that did not work.

            My eyes were mostly back to normal about1:30, so I headed out to get a cup of real coffee, and then went by the past employer where I picked up six 40-pound bags of potting soil. I did not pick them all up at once, I only could handle one at a time. I plan to use the potting soil to replant a couple flowers, and maybe put some in and around the new jasmine vines. The black berries might get some also.

            While at the past employer, I was able to give Dave a ride home. I dropped Dave off at home, and then as I was leaving, received a call from him where I returned to his house. I then took him back to work where he had left his billfold in his locker. So, in fact, I did take Dave home from work twice yesterday.

            My eyes were back to normal when I headed out to get the kids from school, so I took my Bible with me. I was then able to read while I waited on Alex to get out of school. Speaking of Alex, he and the boy scout troop have gone down to the coast today, where they will spend the night on an ole ship. They are kind of excited as they have heard that there might be ghosts on the ship.

            I did not get to do all my bible study homework yesterday, although I did answer a couple questions. I guess I will have something to do today.

            Oddly enough, even though it was a cold 50 degrees yesterday afternoon, my favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while.

            I did get a breakfast burrito this morning, and I shared it with my present spouse. These burritos are big enough even when cut in half, they are plenty for an ole person’s breakfast.

            New subject: as I was outside with the Tres this morning, I saw something I thought was very odd. I have a photo which I will present to you. Now we have all heard about the government shooting down balloons and UFOs lately, and I think I got a photo of a cloud in the shape of a bird being shot down over Hewitt, TX. You look and decide for yourself.


            Heck, if they are shooting at bird clouds, who knows what else they will be shooting at!

            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a nice Saturday, stay safe and be nice to ole all people.

Cloud Bird shot!

Senior retired ole person with an imagination, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: