Translate

Monday, February 27, 2023

February 27, 2023

            Good morning, at least it is for me. I have been to the coffee place and to the burrito place and have devoured both, it is a good day.

            We are going to change TV and internet providers, we have spectrum and it is too expensive and messed up a lot, do you have any good suggestions?

            This week has several events to keep the ole Fords busy. Besides getting the grand kids from school and Dave from work, tonight is Bible study, tomorrow I get my stitches taken out, Wednesday nothing on the schedule, Thursday a neighbor is being operated on so we will be there for her, Friday my favorite wife has an MRI. Notice that I did not refer to the possible storms that may be here on Thursday.

            What did the Don and the Donna do yesterday? Well, we did get outside and my favorite wife was putting out some Easter decorations, while I was attempting to removes some leaves from the two major flower beds. I was using the leaf blower and a rake, and it worked fairly well. I usually go into the jasmine beds with the string trimmer and level them off then blow the trimmings away, but the beds have not recovered from all the trampling they received when the porch and sidewalk was installed. I will be taking the trimmer out and working on a couple small areas.            

            My wife joined in on the work in the jasmine beds and she was down on the ground cutting some ole plants out. We have a ton of ole acorns covering the ground in these two beds, I wish there was an easy way to remove them, but with all the vines it seem like it would require someone on his hands and knees, picking them up by hand. That don’t sound like fun.  

            I did pick up the leaves that I had blown out of the beds and they are in the trash container for pickup today.

            Work finished, we headed out to the Ford’s ole swing for a period of rest and conversations. We did not get into politics, but we did discuss many other topics. We had expected a friend to come over and sit outside with us, but she was not feeling well and stayed at home.

            I need to get off here and take a look at my first wife’s battery powered vacuumed, it isn’t working properly.

            We hope you all have a good day, stay safe and be polite to all.

the Don and the Donna

Senior ole retired people who worked too hard yesterday, the Fords

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: