Translate

Thursday, February 2, 2023

February 2, 2023

            Yep, I did go outside yesterday, and it was cold, but the ice was not on the driveway. I did check to see if the new rain gage was ok, and it is, photo to follow.

                                     
            If one looks closely, one might see that there is ice on the rain gage but not any water in it. We are supposed to be warming up to, or above, freezing today. I assume the gage may have some water in it then.

            Our trash can has a little ice on it too, and the Fords ole Chevy was completely covered with ice. I had to strain to get the driver’s side door open.



            I did get into the Ford’s ole chevy and ran the heater for a while. I was able to get it warm enough to get the ice off the windows, but I did need to use the ice scraper to get it all off. Now I wonder if the windows will be covered with ice again in the morning, or if we will be lucky and get through the night without freezing rain.

            Being at home without any scheduled things to do, I have been doing more reading of the bible. It seems as if I find comments that are interesting, such as Luke 14:26. If you want to know what is says you will need to look it up.

            I was surprised yesterday when a neighbor who lives across the street called and asked if we were ok. I told him we were ok. He noted, your house was dark and the light over your garage door was turned off so we thought you all may have a problem. He did not say it, but I think he may have thought our power was off. It is nice to have someone who is concerned whether we were ok or not.

            I called another neighbor to see if they were ok because we had not seen them outside for the last few days, and their front door which is usually open had not been open. They were ok. You see how one nice person calling about us, helped me to call another neighbor.

            Tres and I went out front to see if we had a newspaper this morning, and we did not. The walk was wet but not icy, so I walked out to the street to see if the paper was laying in the yard, it was not. All the grass is still frozen, and it is fun to watch Tres walk on the frozen grass. He lifts each foot up higher than normal every time he takes a step.

            While I was out there, I decided to look in the mailbox to see if the paper people may have put the paper in the mailbox. The mailbox was frozen shut! We haven’t gotten anything through the postal service for a day or two, I thought they worked through the dark of night, rain and snow, I guess ice puts a stop to the mail person.

            I guess we will get the kids from school this afternoon, the schools in this area are starting at 10:00am. Hay I just thought, I might get a cup of coffee from the star coffee place today since I will need to be out driving anyway.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a very nice warm and safe day.

Ice and rain go away, don’t come again some other day, little Donnie wants to play!

Senior retired person who needs a cup, even if it is homemade, Donnie the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: