Translate

Monday, January 30, 2023

January 30, 2023

            Well, it is here, it is the day that I have a dental appointment. The appointments are ok if they are just a cleaning, but if there is other work, then I don’t like them. My allergies are acting up this morning, I hope they clear up before I head over to the dentist.

            The dental appointment isn’t the only thing on our minds today, I guess everyone is aware of the weather concerns for the next couple days. They are predicting possible freezing rain and I have heard it could be up to ½ inch. Now a little snow is ok, even Texans can usually drive in a little snow, but I don’t know anyone who can drive on the ice, if we get it.

            They are saying we may have some freezing rain this afternoon, when it is time to pick up the kids from school, I hope they are wrong.

            I am wondering about two things right now, one is, will the school be canceled tomorrow, and the other is will my surgery be canceled for tomorrow. It there is ice on the roads I do not intend to attempt to drive to either.

            Tonight, is Bible study night, and with this cold weather and the possibility of freezing rain, I doubt that very many will show up, (there are a lot of us seniors in the study) I guess it could be canceled if the ice is prevalent.

            Topic swap: the big light over the garage door is not working, and when it quits it is usually the fixture and not the bulb. Replacing a bulb is fairly easy, even though a person who is ¾ of a century old would need to climb a ladder. It is replacing the fixture that is difficult. One will need to cut the power to the fixture, climb up there and remove the fixture, climb back up there to replace the fixture, insert the light bulb, reconnect the power, and hope it works. Did I mention one would need to find the funding to purchase said fixture.

            There is a normal light by the garage door which is a motion detecting light, so if there is any movement the smaller light will come on. I like the big light but repair can wait until the weather is better.

            Well, I guess I should brush my tooth and get ready to go to the dentists, we hope you have a warm day, without freezing rain and that everyone stays safe!

Tooth doctors…

Senior ole person who don’t want to go but will go, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: