Translate

Thursday, January 5, 2023

January 5, 2023

            Well, it is down near freezing again, so I guess winter is still around.

            I am sitting here at my desk, and I have a view of many of the security cameras around the Homestead. I just observed our cat Molly cross the street and go into the neighbor’s yard, where she occasionally leaves a deposit. That neighbor has motion detecting lights and Molly has set them off. His entire drive and side of his home is lit up.

I did get enough work done yesterday to make my ole body tired. My big problem is walking around the yard a bunch of times, for several hours, and it doesn’t need to be heavy work, just on my ole feet walking, and when I sit for a while like going to get Alex and Gabi from school which takes about 1.5 hours in the ole pickup. When I get out of my ole pickup, my feet and body are stiff and hurting and it takes 4 or 5 minutes to get my ole body working.

            I did get most of the projects done that I wanted to work on yesterday.

            I made room in the shed for the plastic Christmas items, I moved all the plastic items to the shed and properly place them.

            I did remove all the other decorations (deer, trees, items that look like presents) from the front yard, collecting all the stakes that held them in place, and brough them to the garage.

            I then watered the items in the green house and the berry beds, and that is when I made a mistake. Each time I complete watering, I leave the water on and drop the sprayer on the ground. Then I go to the faucet and turn it off.

Yesterday I did most of that, but I left one thing out, I did not turn the water off. Later when I discovered I had not turned the water off, I felt like a dummy. I know why I had forgot; I was thinking about going to the front yard and blowing leaves out of the flower beds. Ole people can’t do, or have, two things going at one time.

I did remove a bunch of the leaves from the flower beds, and I will attempt to get Alex to pick them up for me this weekend.

I did get Dave from work, and I did get the grand kids from school. Since I had been working all day, I had not taken time to read the bible. I took the bible with me and read it while I waited on Alex. Returning home, I did allow the lawn sprinklers to water most of the front yard.

I sat outside alone yesterday as my wife was working on something like a crazy puzzle. I have a photo and I will attempt to explain.


            In the photo, you see my favorite wife, with who knows how many Christmas ornaments. Each of those ornaments has its own special place in a its container, and there are several containers. My first wife is trying to find the correct ornament for each space in each container. I would not want to be her, that is like the worst puzzle I can think of.

            While I was sitting outside yesterday not working on a puzzle, I was able to get another photo of the moon. This time it appears to be full, but it was not full, it will be full tonight.


            We still need to get all the decorations that are in the garage packed in cartons and then I get to move them to the shed.

            Today I hope to get my hair cut, and I hope to remove the Christmas lights from the house and around the flower beds. When these lights are removed and packed, I will take them along with the trees and other items that my favorite wife has repacked, to the shed and properly store the boxes and totes of Christmas decorations. No rest for the ole people!

            We hope everyone has a good day, stay safe and be polite.

Ole feet get tired!

Senior ole person who is tired, but has plans to work today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: