Translate

Monday, January 23, 2023

January 23, 2023

            It is cold outside, I do not like the cold, why do we have to have cold? I guess I should say that the weather person said it was 24 in Waco, and Alexa says it is 28 in Hewitt, either way it is cold!

If you are expecting me to have anything to talk about in this post, your expectations will likely not come to fruition. I did almost nothing yesterday.

I did go to get a cup of coffee yesterday afternoon. I had been doing my Bible homework yesterday afternoon, and after that, I spent some time reading the bible. I think I have explained my reading and homework in the past but I will try to enlighten one more time. I read what they want us to read, to do my bible study homework, then I read from the bible what I want to read

Basically, reading is a lot of sitting for me so I wanted to get out of the house for a few minutes, thus a coffee run! I was driving on a street with a speed limit of 20 mph. I was attempting to stay at or below the speed limit, when suddenly, a very large hawk or eagle flew up from the yard at the side of the street and landed on a big tree limb and just sat there. It was a very interesting opportunity to see a large bird that close. I did not see what he or she had in the yard. The rest of the coffee run was not interesting, although there were only a few cars in front of me at the coffee place.

I did work on a cane and a small wood box yesterday. My favorite wife came up with another small wood box and I needed to get it ready to stain, so there was some sanding on the small box and I also put a coating of a sealer, like a varnish, on a cane that I have been working on. That was all the outside work that I did yesterday.

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside yesterday, it was cool but not too cold. As we sat there she got a call from a friend and she talked to the friend during most of the time outside. As we sat there yesterday, I noticed the Grackles were not in the tree making noise, there were a few doves in the top of the trees getting the last bit of sun light to warm up, before night fall.

            That is it for today, we hope you have a good day, be safe and smile a lot.

Too cold to have fun!

Senior ole person who don’t remember what fun was like, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: