Translate

Friday, January 27, 2023

January 27, 2023

            Please allow me to update you, my favorite reader of this blog. About a week ago I was presenting you with info about an extra charge that went against my gift card at the Cracker store. There was an extra $5.15 deducted from my gift card and when I spoke with the managers (two of them) they determined that a 20% tip had been taken from the gift card, even though I had left a cash tip on the table. I was told I could call the card company to get the payment stopped.

            Yesterday afternoon we went to the cracker store for supper, the food and service were both good. I use the same gift card as last time, and some how the $5.15 was put back on the card. We don’t know if the managers were able to do that or not, but it was there. I am no longer crying myself to sleep at night over the loss of money

            After we finished eating and as we were leaving the dining area, and ole friend called out to us from the table where they were sitting. This lady use to work with me at the distribution center and we knew her and some of their family. It is nice to see ole friends and I do mean ole as her husband is 79 and she is 74 years old.

            Prior to going to the cracker store I had been delivering the kids home from school and during that time I was sneezing and snorting a lot. So as soon as I dropped the kids off I put a face mask on to help me get away from the pollen, yep my allergies were popping up. Knowing that we were going to the cracker store I did not want to be sneezing during my meal.

            For me, if I wear the mask for about 15 minutes, it usually stops most of the pollen and my allergies subside for a while. It worked, and I ate with out sneezing. Oh, I have a mask on now as the allergies are here this morning. Now I need to decide how I will drink my cup of homemade coffee with this mask on.

            Today is Friday and it is cold again today, as with the last couple days I have no real plans, although I might go into Waco and see if I can get a bottle of adult beverage. I also should put some bird food out, as I can see them on one of the monitors at the feeder.

            Tomorrow is Patrick’s birthday and they will be coming up so we can celebrate with them. We plan to go out for lunch with Patrick and Karla, Dave, Claire and Gabi also plan to go with us. Alex will be on a boy scout camping trip, I think they call it the freeze, since it is done in the winter time.

            Well, I think that is all for today, we hope you have a good day and please stay safe.

$5.15 came back!

Senior ole retired person who needs his allergy meds, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: