Translate

Monday, January 16, 2023

January 16, 2023

            Good Monday to my favorite reader, and you know who you are!

Let’s start with a cat story this morning. I will attempt to make this as short as possible since a couple of you don’t like cats. As I sat here at my ole desk, wondering what to enlighten you, the reading public with, I casually looked at one of the security monitors, I saw a black cat in the neighbor’s yard standing there like a statue.

Molley (our cat) came into the ole office and wanted to go outside. I looked and the black cat was still standing there, he had not moved. I decided to open the door allowing Molley to go out, but I would leave the door open so she could return quickly. The black cat did not move, and Molly saw the black cat and she did not walk away from the door.

I continued to watch the black cat and I began to wonder if he was injured. I decided to get up and look out the door at the cat. When he saw me, he moved his head a little but he did not move away and did not appear to be injured. I sat back down and watched him on the monitor.

The black cat moved a little bit and I could see something laying on the ground on the other side of him. I got up and went to the door where I could see an orange-colored cat lying about two feet away from Blackie. I decide to walk out there and the black cat ran one way and the orange cat went the other way. I think I broke up what might have turned into a fight.

That was this morning, now what did I do yesterday? I repaired a wind chime, now it makes noise again, I recovered the Poopa-Loopa from the yard and there was a bunch, I picked up the small sticks that were blown out of the trees from the back 40, I moved and secured two bird houses in prep for the coming spring, took the dog for a short walk and my favorite wife and I sat outside in the afternoon and enjoyed the breezy weather.

I would like to get the riding mower out and chop up the leaves in the back 40, but not while it is windy. School is out today so I will not need to pick up the grandees today.

Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a pleasant day and please stay safe!

Be positive influence others!

Senior retired person who watches the neighborhood, and cats, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: