Translate

Sunday, January 29, 2023

January 29, 2023

 

            I just walked outside with the Tres to get the so-called newspaper, and when I looked around, I thought I was back in southern Illinois. It is very foggy this morning. Back in the olden days the fog that would come up on those flat river bottom lands in southern Illinois, right next to the Mississippi river, it was almost unbelievable how dense those fogs were. Well, it isn’t that bad here, but on the security cameras it looks like it is snowing with all the fog floating around.

            Allow me to go back to yesterday: Patrick was here to celebrate his birthday, we all went out to lunch, which was good, there was some interesting conversations. Patrick was asked to see if he could get a computer running at David’s house, and he was going to work on computers at Karla’s parents' home. It was Patrick’s birthday and we all wanted him to work on computers. There is no rest for the Nerds.

            I have a photo showing how difficult it is for the dog Tres to live here at the Ford homestead. He has a very difficult life with much stress.


            With all this stress, we are considering getting him some drugs to help him relax.

            Well, it is not cold right now and it is supposed to get up to 60 during the first part of the day. The second part of the day the arctic cold is supposed to arrive, and the temps will start down. I think we are expecting cold weather for the first part of the week.

            Topic swap: I noticed that the remote control in the bedroom was not working properly, naturally I assume the batteries were getting low, so I investigated. The batteries were covered in a white crap that leaks from old batteries. Now I need to clean the battery case and replace the batteries. It is a dirty job, but I can do it.

            Sitting here looking at the camera monitors, it appears that the fog is lifting. Maybe I need to do a real life visual to see if the cameras are correct.

            Well, with the wet drizzle and fog, I assume outside work for today is a no go. I did put bird food out yesterday and the squirrel said thank you. I know the squirrels need food just like the birds, but I wish they would go elsewhere to get their food.

I am now in need of a cup of coffee so I will be ending this very short posting. We hope you have a good weekend, stay safe and dry.

Tres Stressed?

Senior ole person who needs a cup of coffee to keep going, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: