Translate

Saturday, January 21, 2023

January 21, 2023

            Well, no one has asked about the $7.00 solar powered rope light that I have installed on the #1 berry bed, so I will not tell you that it works from dusk to dawn. I am not going to tell you it flashes all night. If you wanted to know you would have asked.

            I did go out to the Cracker store yesterday and asked about the extra $5.15 that was taken from my gift card. The manager looked at the receipts and said that a tip was taken from the card for the server. I explained that I told the person at the checkout that I leave cash tips, yet they without my permission, took the tip. The manager said I could call the credit card company and deny the payment of the tip. That is way too much trouble.

            Note, the manager who came to work while I was there had a cup of coffee from the Star coffee place, even though the have coffee in the Cracker restaurant, he said he needed some coffee on the way to work.

            I did do my homework yesterday before going and picking Gabi up from school. I asked Gabi what she was going to do this weekend, she said homework. I asked what kind of homework and she said school homework. I then noted that I do bible study daily, I am not good at studying, and at times I have a problem that I can’t answer, so I stop for a couple minutes to allow my brain to clear, maybe get a drink of water and then get back at it. A lot of the time it works and I can come up with an answer.

            Oh my, I just looked at one of the monitors and it is raining! It would be nice if it rained enough so I could see some rain in the new rain gage.

Well it looks like it was just a quick shower and it seems to have stopped. You don’t think the new rain gage might have a curse on it, keeping the rain away from the Homestead?

Maybe this gage just doesn’t want to have water in it. Possibly I should take it down and put it in the garage, just to see if the rain would come. I think we will leave the gage up until Wednesday, it is predicted that we have a 70% chance of rain Wednesday. If we get rain then, the gage will be approved for use and can stay.

            Me and the SEO (Senior Economic Officer) here at the homestead did sit outside for a short while yesterday, it was cool and there was a light breeze. It only took about 30 minutes and we decided to get back inside the homestead.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope your weekend is restful, safe, and we hope you have a little fun.

Rain terminator? 

 Senior retired person who would like to see and nice rain, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: