Translate

Friday, January 20, 2023

January 20, 2023

            Wow we made it to Friday again. It is a cool day but right now it is not windy. I am hoping that the wind stays low so I can work on the #1 berry bed, aka kill some of the grass and weeds but not the berries. I am going to try to use some weed killer and then in a couple days, see if the dead weeds pull out easier.

            I really did not do much yesterday, Alex was here as he was sick, I did not need to get Dave from work, but I did get Gabi and her boyfriend from school. Alex is home again today but he is at his own house with his dad. I will get the Gabi this afternoon from school.

            I did do my homework for the bible study class, and I finished reading the Old Testament yesterday. I read from the bible every day, and I also do my bible study homework. Today I will start the New Testament, I do find the New easier to understand.

            Topic swap: my best wife and I went to the cracker store yesterday for our evening repast, the food was good the service was also good, and I have left over chicken for lunch today. We paid with a card that we had gotten at Christmas and it seems as if we paid more than we should have.

The card was $50. The bill was $25.73, we now have on the card $19.12, we are missing $5.15.

The receipt shows they took $25.73, so where is the $5.15?

I checked the card on line and they indicated that $19.12 is the balance on the card, and the recent transaction (one transaction) was for $30.88. Why doesn’t the receipt show $30.88 if that was what was taken from the card?

I would like to know if it was the store, or the card company that caused this to happen.

 

Topic swap:

If you haven’t sent a request to stay on the email list, you will be removed today.

 

Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a nice safe day. Be nice to ole people, even if they are not nice to you.

Cash, better than cards?

Senior ole person who needs some cash, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: