Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

January 3, 2023

            Another posting that you do not want to read, so stop reading, go get a snack and enjoy the day.

            All of this soon to be well written blog posting, also known as The Don’s personal diary, will be about the Don and what he didn’t do.

            First, he went to the Ford’s ole shed and brought empty cartons and totes to the garage, which will be use to repack the decorations.

Then the Don went to the front yard and removed Santa Clause and his wife, placing them in the garage. That worked out ok so the Don also removed the plastic people and animals from the manger scene, placing them in the garage.

            After the Don removed the plastic people and animals, he then removed the straw that was on the ground. Then he took the scrap wood manger apart and moved the pieces out near the shed. The Don had to remove the stakes he had put in the ground to secure the manger from any large wind.

            When the Don decides to take the plastic decorations to the shed, he will first need to remove the easter decorations, as they are now located in the area where the Christmas decorations are supposed to be. In front of these easter decorations there are some tools that will need to be removed temporarily from the shed, allowing him to move the Christmas items in. As you may see, doing one thing leads to another and another. No rest for the ole people!

            All that done, The Don took a break and rested his ole body. The Don sat outside yesterday afternoon, as his present spouse was resting from all the work, she had done inside the house yesterday.

I did notice that her battery powered sweeper was laying on the floor of the laundry room. She told me it wasn’t working so I decided to look at it. The vacuum part was working, but the brush part at the bottom was not working. I could not see what the problem was. After several minutes reviewing the unit with nothing working, I thought, “if I had a little help from above, I might see what is wrong with it, and fix it”. I turned the brush head and hit the power switch and it started working. I took it into the house and put it on the carpet and it worked!

            Now you can look at the above anyway you want, I believe I got help from above!

            Today: we will be going to the doctor in Temple Tx, I do not like driving to Temple on the interstate due to all the traffic. We should be done before noon and head back home. I will most likely take a back road home (using the Ford’s ole Chevy’s GPS) avoiding the interstate. I will need to pick up Dave from work this afternoon and the kids from school.

            I guess I should check the dogs water bowl before we leave, we don’t want him to be thirsty. We hope you have a good day, stay productive and as always be safe.

Anything is possible, if you believe!

Senior retired person who believes, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: