Translate

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

January 18, 2023

            Wow, I am still here (alive) and we are looking at another day. Yesterday was a little different from some normal days. Now some one might want to know how it was different. Possibly, I may have taken a nap at a different time, that would be different!

            Earlier in the day (yesterday) this ole senior person was on his knees praying in the back 40. What was he praying for, that one person might ask? He prays for many things and many people, and he was also praying that he would be able to pull all the weeds from the #3 black berry bed, and then be able to get up and walk again.

            Yep, the Don attempted to remove the weeds from the #3 bed, and I would say he was 95% successful, photo to follow.


          Then what did the Don do? He opened a bag of the mulched leaves that he had removed from the back 40 the day before and he placed leaves through the entire berry bed. Pick up the stuff one day, dump the stuff out the next day! This was done in hopes of helping keep moisture in the ground if it ever rains. Photo to follow.


            After I was able to get up off the ground, my favorite wife and I washed the dog. It was 80 degrees yesterday and we set a new high temp record for the day. Previously there was a tie for high temp of 79 degrees, and those occurred in, 1907 and 1952. Wow, who knew, they had climate change in the olden days too.

            Pick up the kids at school: well 3:00pm came and Dave had not gotten off work yet so I got in line to get the grandees and Gabi’s boyfriend. Yep, her boyfriend rides home with us most afternoons. That is ok as his house is on the way to Gabi and Alex’s house.

            Dave called while I was waiting on Alex, there was nothing I could do other than wait. My first spouse was working on cleaning and rearranging things in the homestead, so she could not go get Dave, so he waited at work. After getting the kids we headed for the work 20 (aka location) to get Dave. I was able to get every one home safely, but I will say, “the Ford’s little ole Chevy was loaded full of people”!

            Back at home I did sit outside all alone yesterday, as my present spouse had not yet finished her rearranging and cleaning. Alone and lonely, I sat there wishing I had another adult beverage I mean someone to talk with.

            Today: Hopefully I will be able to get the kids and Dave in a timely and safe manner. My work plans are limited to my ole body recovering from crawling around on my hands and knees. I might get the weed killer out and spray a couple weeds.

            They have called for the possibility of rain, and there is some rain in the air. I have a photo of the rain gage at its first encounter with rain, nope there isn’t any water in the gage yet but there are some droplets on the gage. Photo to follow.


            Rain, rain, don’t go away, little Donnie don’t need to play (aka work outside today)!

Check the rain gage!

Senior ole person who would like some rain in his gage, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: