Translate

Monday, January 2, 2023

January 2, 2023

            The day of rest for an ole senior retired person, aka yesterday, was very productive. 

As I had stated earlier, I wanted to unplug the wires powering the decorations in the front yard. That process was fairly easy as there were only 4 wires to disconnect.

Then I decided to disconnect the wires going to the decorations, from the extension cords that I had previously disconnected from the power source. This process involved removing tape and waterproof barriers from a bunch of connections. Example, there were 8 wires in the manger scene alone, that needed to be un-taped and disconnected.

All the wires un-taped and disconnected, I then began the process of rolling up each wire and extension cord, then I place them in the proper container.

Wow the morning got away and it was lunch time.

After a very nice lunch, I decided to open the green house as I needed to water the plants in the green house. I decided to leave the house open while the weather is spring like.

I then provided water for the birds and the dog, along with watering some nearby flowers. I then began to head for each of the berry beds where I provided needed water and observed things that needed to be worked on.

After completing the watering of the three berry beds, I decided to work on the #1 berry bed. First, I reconnected some supporting wires, then I removed the ugly plastic pipe which was originally there to keep the to post tight and upright. Plastic pipes have a tendency to bend after a long time in the sun.

I then decided to replace the plastic pipe with a metal pipe. Yes, I was able to create a new metal support pipe and installed the new support pipe. Luckily, I had two metal pipes that I could put together (118 inches long), and did not need to purchase it, photo to follow.


 
            At this point that project was completed, I then put the tools away.

Since the weather was nice and it was almost 80 degrees, we decided to wash the dog.

Dog washing completed; I did my daily reading of the bible.

After my reading was finished, I did rest on the Fords ole recliner for about 20 minutes.

Popping up out of the Ford’s ole recliner I had a piece of raisin pie and a cup of coffee which gave me the energy to go outside and sit on the Ford’s ole rocker. I was joined a little later by my favorite wife. We enjoyed the nice weather during this quiet time, as we kicked back and thought about all our blessings.

A nice day of rest and relaxation!

Well, I guess that is it for today, we hope you have a good day, stay safe and rest a lot.

Rest and relaxation!

Senior ole person who needs a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: