Translate

Saturday, January 14, 2023

January 14, 2023

            I had a good day yesterday and my favorite grandson suggested, “it was my lucky day”! I guess Friday the 13th can be a lucky day. I will attempt to provide info as to the events of the day, my favorite grandson also said, “when you have a lucky day, the next day is often unlucky”!

Let us get started with the events that seemed nice to a retired ole senior person.

            After a short 20-minute morning nap, I helped my favorite wife vacuum the floor.

            Cleaning of the floors completed, I was going to the Harbor store, so I stopped to get a cup of real coffee. There were only a couple people in front of me, so I got through very quick, and the line that came behind me wrapped around the building.

            Leaving the coffee place I went to the cleaners, there was no one in front of me so I got the cleaning quickly. Leaving the cleaners, I headed into town, the traffic was lite and the traffic lights seemed to all be green.

            Arriving at the harbor store my purchase equaled $10.03, I had three pennies in my pocket and I did not need to get more change from the clerk to carry home with me.

            I arrived back at home and wanted some lunch. I went to the Ice Box (aka refrigerator) and removed some left overs. I had them on the counter and a plate to put them on when the phone rang, it was Dave and he was ready for a ride home. I felt lucky that I had not filled my plate with food. I put the left overs back in the Ice Box.

I started the lawn sprinklers before I left to get Dave from work, and when I returned home, I wondered what our Dog Tres had done when the sprinklers kicked on in the back yard. I went and let Tres into the house just as the back yard sprinklers turned on. Tres and I were both lucky, the sprinkler had not run while he was out back!

When I picked the grand kids up from school the traffic was much less than normal, so we delivered them home safely and quickly.

Arriving home after dropping the grand kids off at their home, my favorite wife and I went to the George restaurant and when we arrived there was a parking space at the front door.

Entering the building we asked for a booth, they only have a few booths, we like a booth better than table and chairs, and they said no problem.   

            After an enjoyable meal, we made it back home safely! As I see it, I had a good and lucky day. I also installed the solar powered rope light and it works. Photo to follow.


 
            The rope light started flashing out back as soon as it became dark. This morning at 6:30am the new rope light was still flashing.

            We have plans for today to go out to lunch with Dave and family to celebrate his birthday!

            Well, I guess that is it for today, we hope you have a good day filled with much kindness.

Good or Lucky day?

Senior ole person who had a good day filled with nice events, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: