Translate

Sunday, January 8, 2023

January 8, 2023

            Good morning, and thanks to all who have let me know that you want to continue receiving my emails announcing each posting. 

            Now let’s see what we were able to get done yesterday. I went outside yesterday morning and did some blowing and raking of the leaves in the front yard. (Blowing, I used the leaf blower, I was not blowing with my mouth.) I had not finished the project when it began to rain. The rain was very lite so I was hoping it would stop long enough for our grandson to remove the leaves.

            The rain lasted long enough to make me go inside. I had checked with Alex to see if he would want to do some yard work, but he wasn’t feeling well. I think his allergies were getting him, I know mine were and are!

            It was after noon when I decided to see if the leaves were too wet, to be removed. They were dry enough, so I started picking them up. My goal was to pick up the larger quantities using the leaf grabbers, and then use the mower to vacuum the leftovers.

            During the process I was sneezing a lot, and my nose was running. I put a mask on and even though I was outside stirring up things, the mask stopped the pollen from getting to me, and I stopped sneezing. 

I think I got 6 bags by hand and 2 bags using the mower. The yard looks fairly good now, lets hope it stays that way. No, I did not take a photo, I know you are tired of seeing my photos of the yard. I also saved a few dollars by doing the work myself.

My favorite wife made us a very good supper and my belly was full. We weren’t going to sit outside yesterday evening, as my allergies were still bothering me. I went out after supper for a few minutes to pick up some debris from the street, (I am a street sweeper) and I was only outside for maybe 5 minutes when I started sneezing again. 

As I am sitting here composing this valuable article, it has started raining. This rain seems to be a nice rain, and it might clear the air of the pollen. I just thought, all my rain gages were frozen and each of the three were cracked. I will not be able to determine how much rain we might receive. I have seen lightning flash on the monitors, and I can hear the thunder, this might be a real rainstorm.

I do have a photo that I will share. Our dog Tres lays under the desk where I try to work, and he is most often in the way. For some reason our cat Molly has decided to lay on the floor next to my chair. Photo to follow.

 

Animals always in the way!

Note: the above was written yesterday afternoon.

Well, I guess this is all for now, we hope your day is full of rest, and please stay safe.

Rest for dog and cat?

Senior ole person who need a cup of coffee and quiet rest, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: