Translate

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

January 11, 2023

            Hello to my favorite people, and I like the rest of you also. Does anyone really have a favorite person, or maybe it depends on the person they are talking with at that time?

Let’s see what the senior retired person did yesterday.

            The Don was sitting around the house doing nothing, being bored, wishing he had something to do, when the Tres suggested that we go for a short walk. Well, the weather was nice and it was, mid-morning, so I agreed to a short walk. The walk was nice.

Oddly enough when Tres and I arrived at the beginning of the 200 block of Oklahoma Avenue, there was a shiny quarter laying on the street. I did not pick it up as it might have been placed there with some of those drugs on it that kill people. Turning away we headed for home.

            After the nice walk, it was suggested that the Don go to the booze store and procure a bottle, for medicinal purposes only. Arriving at the drive through window, I asked for my usual, and the lady said she did not have any, she noted that she has order it but has not received any. She was able to set me up with a more expensive bottle.

            Back at home, I went to the mailbox to see if we had received any mail, and there was a package in the mailbox. I took the package into the homestead and since my spouse of more than half a century had not ordered anything, and I did not remember ordering anything, we assumed that the package may have been a bomb or some other type of evil device. I quickly soaked it in water until it was totally wet, then I tossed it in the trash can!  Safe at last! 

            Wait a minute, I don’t think it happen quite that way, let’s see if we can uncover the true story.

Back at home, I went to the mailbox to see if we had received any mail, and there was a package in the mailbox. I took the package into the homestead and since my spouse of more than half a century had not ordered anything, and I did not remember ordering anything, we assumed that we had received a gift from an anomalous benefactor. I carefully opened the box as my present spouse supervised. It was a new rain gage! Wow, a new free rain gage, I have a photo of the gage mounted on the swing set near the driveway.


            Now we are wondering who the nice person is, who sent us this wonder filled rain gage. We do have our suspicions!

            Topic swap: yesterday we set a new record for the high temp of the day, it was 83 degrees at the airport. Being that nice and warm, my present wife and I wash the dog yesterday.

            Speaking of record highs, they are predicting a record high today, or at least equaling the record high which was set back in 1905. Wow it was 84 degrees back in 1905, that is 108 years ago, who knew we were having climate change back then?

            One last little happening: the other day I saw something going down the street, at first it looked like a small dog, but I quickly saw it was a plastic bag. I assume the bag came from the recycle truck that had just went up the street. This bag moved down the street just like an animal would. It came into our front yard and went across the yard then back out into the street. A small plastic bag that the wind was blowing, and it moved like an animal.

Could it have been the ghost of a small dog, that looked like a plastic bag?  

            Well, I need to go get the grand kids and take them to school this morning. I hope to return.

            Ok I am back, and I got the kids to school on time. I do have one more photo for my enjoyment.


            The photo was taken yesterday as we sat outside in the afternoon. Tres and Molly both laying there looking like they were cold. Now that I think about it, Tres had been washed a little earlier, so he may have still had some dampness on him.

            That is it for today, we hope your day is positive, productive and safe.

Free stuff good!

Senior ole retired person who needs a break from all this composing, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: