Translate

Saturday, January 28, 2023

January 28, 2023

            It is Sat-all-day again, and some refer to it as Saturday, and it is raining. Now in the olden days when I lived in the “Show Me State”, there was a comment used occasionally about the amount of rain falling, “Like pouring water out of a boot”. Now as I sit here considering all the world’s problems, I am wondering how much water would one need to pour out of the boot, and how would that compare to the actual rain fall?

First off I have never put water in my boot, and I guess if I did have water in my boot I would poor it out. If there was a cup of water in a boot would that be equal to ½ inch of rain, and would a quart of water be equal to an inch of rain? Where can we find the answered to these troublesome questions?

Swap the topic: yesterday, I went to the adult beverage store to get a bottle. If you remember last time I was there, they did not have the brand I like, so they sold me a more expensive bottle. I pulled up to the drive through window hoping that they would have my brand, but the lady that worked there did not come to the window. I sat there for about a minute then I seen her coming and she had my bottle in hand. Yep, she never asked me what I wanted she just went and got it for me. I have been going there once a month for the last couple years. 

A different story; we here at the Ford’s homestead have two battery powered vacuums, I guess that is so we can both work at the same time. Well, mine stopped working. The motor would run but it was not picking up anything. I took it apart and cleaned the filters and did not find anything that caused the problem. I had decided to start removing some screws that hold the motor in when it came to me, to again check the part that rolls on the floor. Now I had previously looked at it and did not see any problem, this time I turned the air compressor on and attempted to blow air through the unit to no avail. It was clogged so bad that no air went through. I had to use a small bar to force the crap out of the tube. There was a bunch of dog hair and some kind of string that tangled together causing the clog.

Our favorite grandson is camping out in the cold and rain this weekend. I think the cold would have been ok but the rain makes it really bad. We hope they stay warm and dry.

My favorite wife and I along with a friend sat outside for a while yesterday. It only took about 30 minutes and we decided to go inside. Even though we were inside, there were lively conversations.

Today we plan to go out to lunch in celebration of Patrick’s birthday (I sometimes refer to him as Pete).  Don’t ask how old he is, as it makes me feel even older when we say he is 52. There you go, you made me say it now I feel old. 

            I guess that is it for now, I need to put some bird food out, they seem to be hungry. We hope you have a safe, warm and kind day!

Happy birthday Pete!

Senior ole person who needs to feed the birds and get coffee for himself, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: