Translate

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

January 25, 2023

            I just wanted to let everyone know we did get an inch of rain yesterday. I did get a photo of the rain gage with an inch of rain in it, and I have dumped the water out just in case we get a freeze, I don’t want another broken rain gage. Thanks to the mysterious person who provided it.


            We even had a little water standing in the back 40 yesterday, it is all gone now, and the ground said, “thank you”! There was water standing more than an inch deep in the new jasmine bed, it gets rain from the house roof plus normal rain, and it has already been absorbed into the ground.

            I was able to get the kids picked up from school and it was not raining. They have opened Mars drive on the east end, but the west end is now closed. For some reason today, the traffic seemed much better than usual, not only around the schools but on normal streets.

            As I was heading home after dropping the kids off at their home, I noticed the price of gas at the 7-11 was $3.15. Yep, the prices are heading up again, I did purchase gas for $2.33 per gallon a few weeks ago. That is over 80 cents increase in a short period of time. I guess we will need to stop eating out, and I will need to drink only homemade coffee.

            Speaking of increased prices, the breakfast burrito price has increased (25 cents) so I guess that means we will not be able to afford breakfast anymore.

            It is cold again today, and I have no plans to get outside and do anything. If I could bundle up enough, I might allow Tres to take me for a short walk later in the day, when the sun is shining, but it is supposed to be windy and that might halt the idea of walking.

            On these cold days I attempt to put extra effort into my bible study homework. I did put extra time in yesterday into my personal reading of the bible. I fine the reading both informative and encouraging.

            Topic swap: I am now using one of the small wood boxes as a pencil and small miscellanies item holder. Yep, there are photos to follow.


            It is difficult to see the open box in the second photo as it blends in with the desk. The small box is useful, and no I do not leave pens on top, it was laid there for the photo.

As usual, I guess that is all for today, we hope you have a productive and safe day.

Gasoline, electric, can’t afford!

Senior ole person who may need to stay home more due to gas prices, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: