Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2022

October 16, 2022

            What happened with the Don yesterday, you are about to know. He was allowed to walk with the Tres, and yes, the spoon was still there. We enjoyed our walk and when we returned, I went out to the Ford’s ole shed and looked for an ax. No, I was not going to chop Tres’ head off.

Speaking of Tres, there was a sick or injured squirrel in the back yard yesterday and Tres saw it. The squirrel was moving very slow which indicated that he / she was not in good health. Tres headed for the squirrel, and the squirrel went into the flower bed attempting to hide. Tres went in after him and the squirrel tried to climb the tree, but he could only get up about two feet above the ground.

Tres caught the squirrel and with one bite the squirrel was dead. I was able to get the Tres away from the squirrel and then I disposed of the body. We could not see anything physically wrong with the squirrel, although I do know my neighbor has been firing an air rifle in his back yard the last couple days.

Now let us get back to me. I did go to my sons homestead Saturday morning and we worked on cutting down a dead tree. One of the big problems was a limb that hung over the wooden fence. We did not want to damage the fence and we did not want to have limbs in the neighbor’s yard.

We were able to get a rope on the limb, and Alex and I pulled on the rope as David cut the limb. We were successful in keeping the limb out of the neighbor’s yard and not damaging the fence. I was taking limbs and putting them on the trailer while David was cutting other limbs. I did get the trailer full.

At one point we were talking about a limb that could fall toward the house and how we would keep if from hitting the house. Alex has an orange tree, it is in a pot and the tree has one orange on it, even though the tree is green. As we were talking about removing that limb, I decided to move the pot with the tree about 6 feet. When the limb was cut, some of the limb would have hit the little tree if it had not been moved, I did good!

We put in several hours hard work on this tree, we do have all the limbs out of the tree, there are several still on the ground. Some of the wood will be used for fireplace wood, the rest we will need to haul away. I have a photo of the yard, tree and limbs on the ground.


 

            I arrived home wanting a lot of water, maybe I was dehydrated, I rested for about 30 minutes, and then I took a shower. I was able to get my favorite wife to go to town with me to purchase a bottle. On the way home we decided to stop at the George restaurant, and if there was a parking place up front, we would stop in for supper. There was a handicap parking space, so we stopped. Now that I think of it, I did not display the handicap sticker. The food was good the service was excellent!

            Back at home we sat outside for a while enjoying the nice afternoon. That was my Saturday.

            Sunday morning: well, surprisingly enough, I am still alive, and my ole senior body is not hurting from the work we did yesterday.

            This morning the Tres was following normal procedures when he came to the side of my bed for a back rub. This back rub does two things. One he gets to feel good due to the rubbing, and two he wakes me up saying it is time to get out of bed. Well, we did our normal things in getting out of bed and going to the back door. I opened the back door, and Tres burst through the storm door (aka pushed it open very quickly) and I saw something run from the patio into the yard with Tres right behind it.

            There was some barking at the back fence, but Tres did not catch this thing. I decided to check the security cameras and see what was on the back patio, it was a cat, it was a light-yellow color. I have not seen this cat in our back yard in the past.

            Topic alteration: to the best of my knowledge, we have no plans for today, may it be a day of rest. I will need to catch up on my studying, for the bible study group, as I did not study yesterday. We are supposed to have a chance for rain today, I am praying for an area wide rain, which would help everyone!

            Well, I guess that is it for now, hope you have a safe and productive day!

Day of rest and study!

Senior retired person who is better at resting then studying, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: