Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

October 26, 2022

            Another day with little or nothing to do. I did nothing yesterday, and I will do nothing today. Wait a minute, we, (meaning my favorite wife and I) went to the Hewitt Library yesterday. Did I get a good book to read? Nope, we went there to vote. Yes, you are correct, we are good citizens trying to make the State of Texas better! I noticed that most of the people there voting were in the senior citizen age group.

            Leaving there I thought I would see if I could get a cup of real coffee from the star coffee place. Heck, we were out in the Ford’s ole Chevy anyway why not try. We arrived and the cars in the drive through were wrapped all the way around the building, so it wasn’t a drive through, it was a stop in and wait. We drove on with tears in my eyes, no coffee in my hand and were heading back for home.

As we drove and the tears began to be less, it came to me that I might be able to get a cup of coffee at the Rose restaurant drive through (that is not their complete name, I do not advertise for free). In the drive through we ordered a cup of coffee (cost $1.00) and two bacon and egg tacos. We headed for home and had our breakfast.

 I was then made aware of all the small limbs and debris in the front yard, due to the excessive wind we had the night before. I challenged myself to go out in the cold weather and attempt to remove said debris from the yard. First, I walked around picking up the larger sticks, those in excess of two feet long, I made two trips to the dumpster with those sticks. Then I started working on the smaller items, and I filled the ole five-gallon bucket three times, before my ole body decided that I had cleared the yard of most debris.

Later in the afternoon I went over to Alex school and got in line to pick him up after school. When he got into the vehicle, he noted that Gabi was staying late at school today. Now I did not need to get Gabi so I took Alex home. Dave had to work OT again yesterday.

Returning to the homestead I went outside to set and reflect on the day. While reflecting, I noticed that the neighbor next door to us had a large limb on his roof. One end of the limb was on the house roof while the other end was still laying against the tree. In other words, the excessive wind had broken the limb. Me being the good neighbor that I am, I decided that I would inform the neighbor of the limb just in case they were not aware.

The female neighbor arrived and I went over to provide council as to the broken tree limb. She noted that they were unaware and she would tell her husband.

As always, another day with noting to do, hope you have a good day with plenty to do and stay safe.

Nothing to do!

Senior retired person and advanced nap taker, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: