Translate

Saturday, October 1, 2022

October 1, 2022

            Wow, a new month is upon us, now what should we do? A whole new month with nothing to do. We did have something to do last evening, my favorite wife and I went to an “Employee Appreciation Banquet”, provided by the company I use to work for. In the olden days these meetings were known as, “Profit Sharing Meetings”.

            The company shares its annual profits with its employees, these profits are given to the employees at the end of the year. In the olden days at the Profit-Sharing meeting, they would have a nice meal then hand out the checks with some paper work and someone from the home office would get up and talk about the year.

            This Employee Appreciation Banquet we went to last night had some food, they gave away some gifts, but there was no presentation from the corporate office. There were a couple retirees there and we enjoyed seeing them, there was a few staff there that we knew, but 90 % of the people we did not know. If I would have known that they were not going to have a presentation from the home office, I would not have gone.

            Topic change: we will have the grandkids this afternoon and all night, I might be able to get my yard mowed without me doing anything.

            Another subject: yesterday as I was watering the flowers in the flower pots out front, I observed a green lizard in the flowers that My wife calls, “Mother-in-law tongue”. I have a photo; you might need to look close to see the fellow.


            Since we are into the photos, I have a photo of our pot hound Tres as he was sleeping on his bed. He seems to be curled up on the bed, maybe it is too small for him.


 
            I guess if we were rich, we could get him a larger bed. (Donations may be accepted)

Things change!

Senior retired person who might need to change, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: