Translate

Monday, October 24, 2022

October 24, 2022

            Hay, it is raining! We are happy and thankful for the rain, even though they have predicted some heavy rain and possible storms this afternoon. Our favorite grandson has a football game scheduled for this afternoon, about the time they are predicting storms, and it is out of town.

            My favorite wife allowed me to take her to the Home store yesterday, she was looking for some Christmas decorations. Would you believe, she said if I took her to the store I could also shop while we were there?

We first found the item I was looking for; it is a Kerosene heater. Would you believe, we will not be able to afford electric bills this winter, so we are going to use kerosene heater. The heater purchased at the home store was $5.00 less, than if I would have purchased it wholesale at my previous employer.

After finding the kerosene heater, we went through the Christmas decorations where I helped my favorite wife find a new Christmas Tree. We had saved for a long time in an effort to be able to afford these items, would you believe, together they cost more than $22.00.

At home I unloaded the tree and heater from the Ford’s ole Chevy and I went to work attempting to put the heater together. Getting it together, I found that it was not assembled properly, so I took a short break and then took some of the heater apart. I did find the error and put the heater back together. I do not plan to put fuel in it until it is time to use it, and yes, we do have a couple kerosene lamps which produce both light and heat. I have a photo of the heater but not the tree, as the tree is still in the carton.


            In truth, the heater will be for emergencies, you know, a bad winter with a power outage it can be used indoors, and or, used in the hot house if we have severe cold that the heat lamp can’t handle.

            We are hoping for more area wide rain today, but not for the storms. We hope you have a safe and rainy day.

Kerosene, who knew?

Senior ole retired person who hopes to be ready for the winter, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: