Translate

Monday, October 10, 2022

October 10, 2022

            We are starting another week and as usual, too much work for an ole senior person. It is not light enough for me and Tres to go out for a short walk, so I am here at the keyboard attempting to enter information for you.

            The school is out today due to Columbus Day, and I have a question. They are removing a statue of Columbus from a couple places, so should we also not acknowledge Columbus as having found North America? Maybe the kids should be back in school. Maybe there should not be Columbus Day parades.

            Ok, I am back from our walk and this walk was very interesting. For one thing, the spoon is still there. Maybe they do not go to their mailbox very often.

There was a very inspiring situation which occurred during the walk, and it caused me to recall a passage from the bible. "Love your neighbor as yourself". 

As the Tres and I were walking, we observed an ole senior man who uses a walker to get around. This ole fellow using the walker, coming from his home down the driveway, he was also trying to push a trash cart, and he was moving very slowly. 

            A vehicle drove past the ole fellow, then it stopped and backed up, then a female person got out and walked up to the ole fellow, where she took the trash cart and pushed it to the street. I do assume that the lady did not know the ole fellow, and she was being a nice person, it is good to have nice people around!

            Alternate topic: after the walk I did go to the coffee place and to the burrito place, I got both, coffee and a burrito. After I ate my burrito, I thought maybe I should make a cup of coffee. Then my ole person brain thought, "what did you do with the coffee you purchased?" I looked around and no coffee in site, I had left my cup of coffee in the Ford's ole Chevy, all alone. I then rushed out to the vehicle where I was able to rescue the cup, and I now have it here with me on the Ford's ole desk. It is still hot but a little lighter, if you get the drift.

            Today I need to get the Alex to school at 3:00pm, he has a football game today, and it is a home game. That means I should make it to the Bible study group on time this evening.

            Home games: let me tell you what I think about home games. The 7th grade games cost $4.00 per adult, and when we go to away games we pay with cash. The home games we are required to buy the tickets on line, and they are also $4.00 each, but there is an additional $2.30 charge. As I understand it, we can't pay with cash at the gate, I think this is unacceptable!

            New topic: I found a rock the other day when I was pulling weeds. This rock is interesting to me as it is black and white, and it has what appears to be flakes of glass in it. I have a photo in case anyone has an idea of what it is. Maybe it is a part of a meteorite? Photo to follow.


 
            Well, it is time for a quick senior person nap, so we hope you have a good day!

Home games cost more!

Senior retired person who plans to take a real camera to the game, Don the Ford

No comments: