Translate

Friday, October 28, 2022

October 28, 2022

            We got the 5th covid shot yesterday, it was free to ole senior retired people, although there was another ole person waiting to get her shot and she said, “They said on TV that they were going to start charging for the shot, $100” and that is why she was there. The shot did not hurt and our arms have not been hurting as they did with the previous shots.

            Since we were out of the house and close to a Star coffee place, I thought I would get a cup before heading for home. Now we had drove the present wife’s van as it needed gas, so I filled the tank on the way to get the shot. Well, I do not have my star coffee card in the wife’s ole van, so no coffee for me. 

            My first wife allowed me to take her to the cracker store yesterday afternoon for supper. They had a new item on the menu which was Country Fried Turkey. You get two pieces of turkey breasts and a couple sides, my favorite wife and I both tried the new item, it was ok but, in our opinion, “Not as good as regular turkey and dressing!” 

            I was out in the yard picking up a few of the acorns when our neighbor came over. Now that is unusual as normally, I am the person who initiates the conversation. He came over to tell me he was purchasing a house in Huston, as matter of fact he was closing on the house yesterday. Yep, he is moving to be closer to family and friends. I asked when would he be moving and he said tomorrow (that is today since the conversation was yesterday). He has been a good quiet neighbor; I hope we can get another good neighbor. I told him we were happy for him but sad for ourselves since he is moving.

            I did pick David up from work and I did get Alex from school yesterday. Other than those things I did little or nothing, we did sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon, it was nice but a little cool.

Well, it was supposed to have started raining here in Hewitt about 3:00am this morning, but no rain yet. They say it is still coming and we will get a good amount of rain. Maybe the slow movement will allow for more rain. The radar is showing it to be about 30 miles away.

     Rain, rain, don’t go away, little Donnie don’t need to play.

Well, I guess I will stop for now hope you have a good day filled with friends and happiness.

Be happy be safe!

Senior ole person who is ready for the rain, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: