Translate

Sunday, October 2, 2022

October 2, 2022

            Let’s see what happened at the Ford’s homestead yesterday. I can’t say much happened, I did mow the front yard, the back 40 is not growing due to the drought. The sprinklers did run Saturday morning, but as dry as everything is it did not help much. I did activate the system again Saturday afternoon, in hopes of getting some life back in the ground.

            On Friday afternoon I placed a water sprinkler near the swing as that area does not get water from the sprinkler systems. I let the sprinkler run until we had an inch of water in the rain gages, on Saturday morning the ground and plants did not show any improvements. I guess I need to do that again.

            Saturday afternoon about 3:30 I suggested that we go to the Star coffee company, surprise, surprise, Alex and Gabi both agreed to go.

            Granny was going to trim some bushes yesterday, Alex volunteered to help so he did the trimming and Granny supervised.

            I sat outside Saturday afternoon, cold drink in hand, and I was alone. It seemed that everyone had something to do.

Granny made homemade chicken noodle soup for our Saturday evening supper, we all like it!

Tres was worn out last night, due to Alex playing ball with him in the back 40 a lot yesterday!

This morning (AKA Sunday) I did go outside and water the black berry plants, and we plan to go to the Cracker store for breakfast. No, they don’t have breakfast burritos, but they have some other items that we can eat for breakfast.

I have a photo of a hawk flying over the homestead, look closely.


Sun-Day Morning

Senior ole retired person who is ready to eat breakfast, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: