Translate

Saturday, October 29, 2022

October 29, 2022

            Ole people need a lot of help, and I get it daily here at the Ford’s homestead. Yesterday, as I was sitting at my desk, it was raining which we were happy to see, but the rain was encouraging Molly to stay inside. As I was reading the bible, Molly evidently needed some attention and some petting. She jumped on the desk and walked back and forth while I rubbed her back. At some point she lay down and took a short nap. She may have been trying to tell me to relax, photo to follow.

            Molly was demonstrating that taking a nap is not only good for ole retired people but for cats too.

            I went out to the ole employer to pick up an item I had ordered (kerosene). Since it was raining, I parked in the space closes to the front door. This parking space and a couple others that are for the handicapped, these spaces have dirt on them, also known as mud when it is raining. You would think someone would remove the dirt when it is dry.

            I proceed to the front door in the rain, and I pushed the button that is for the handicap which should open the door, it did not open. I walked up to the door and the doors were locked. 9:30am and the front doors are locked?

            I then walked back through the rain and got into the Ford’s ole Chevy, and drove around the office to the driver’s room, where I entered the building, and on into the front office. I paid for my item and then left the building. The people I talked to were all friendly, but the doors being locked made the business seem unfriendly. The mud in the parking spaces also is not inviting. Maybe they should also do a security review to see how easy it is for a person to get inside the entire building.

            Yes, I did get a cup of coffee at the Star coffee place, since I was in the area.

            No one asked, but my arm never did hurt from the #5 covid vaccine.

            Let’s discuss windshield wipers; as I had noted several times in the past my new wipers had been on the Ford’s ole Chevy for several months and never got used. Well, I did use them yesterday, and they are anything but good. It seems as if the rubber is not flexible, and when they go one way they are smooth, when they go back the other way they bump across the glass. You pay that much for wipers….

            We did get 1.75 inches of rain yesterday, and the device that turns the sprinklers off when it rains, worked. I checked it several times and it had the system turned off all day. I do not know how long the device will keep the system off, and this morning as I lay in bed it came to me that the sprinkler system normally runs on Saturday (aka today). I jumped out of bed and went to the garage as I did not want the sprinklers to run after receiving that much rain. Luckily, the device still had the system turned off.            NICE!

 

            Well, I guess I will stop enlightening the public for a while, we hope your day is safe, healthy and happy.

 

Stay alert, crazy people out there!

Senior ole retired person who likes the rain, not the cold temps, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: