Translate

Monday, October 17, 2022

October 17, 2022

            Let’s see what has happened; it rained some yesterday and last night, so I checked the rain gages this morning. You may have noticed that I said gages, which is a plural, meaning more than one rain gage. Each of the three gages had either, a little over or, a little les that ½ inch of rain. So, I averaged the amounts out to ½ inch for each gage, and that means, “we received 1.5 inches of rain total”. Nice rain for the ground!

            Now that the rain has stopped, I hope to be able to mulch up the leaves from the pecan tree in the back yard. The leaves have been so sticky that I did not want to attempt to use the mower on them, I assumed they would stick to, and clogged up the mower. I hope the rain has washed the sticky off the fallen leaves.

            I hope that at least one of you understand that we only received ½ inch of rain, the 1.5-inch rain was a joke, I know you know what a joke is, but we all know that one person doesn’t!

            Allow me to convert to another topic; we were supposed to have a 7th grade football game at the home field today, for some reason it has been altered to an out-of-town game. To be honest, I don’t like the out-of-town games because, it makes it difficult or impossible to get back to Hewitt soon enough to go to the Bible study group meeting. I will make due with the time we have and enjoy the game, possibly make it to the meeting.

            I need to get the Tres out for a walk this morning, now that it rained, there may be a lot of new smells for him. Don’t ask if I have already had a burrito for my breakfast, as I have, and a cup of coffee also.

            We hope you have a good day, and we will visit with you next time you sign on to this odd ball blog!

Football fun, getting there not!

Senior retired person who needs to get going, but I don’t know where, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: