Translate

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

October 25, 2022

            What could be the Don’s plan for today? Does the Don even have a plan for the day? Allow me to elaborate. The Don and the Donna’s big plan is, “to go and vote today!” Yep, we want to get the voting process done without standing in line. Now it is cold outside today so if there is a line, we might postpone the process for a day.

            Just think, in a couple weeks we will no longer see these mostly irritating political ads on TV. I am not sure, but if some one would run for and office and not have any political ads, I being and independent voter, just might vote for that, “No ad on TV candidate”!

            As I have already noted, it is cold outside, and the wind is blowing like crazy, which makes it feel even colder. I do not plan to take this ole retired seniors’ body out in the cold to walk the Tres. I might have a homemade coffee this morning, but I am not planning on driving to the coffee place in this cold weather.

            We did go to the 7th grade football game yesterday; it was out of town, the GPS said it was 31 miles away. Our team won; the score was 6 to 0. The prognosticators were predicting all kinds of bad weather for yesterday afternoon and evening, but the weather for the game was very nice. I can’t say the same for last night. It stormed last night, with lots of wind and rain. Our rain gage has 1.25 inch of rain in it, and the automatic sprinkler shutoff did not work, so the lawn sprinklers also provided water to the yard. I might need to check the battery.

            When we arrived home from the football game it was too late for me to go to the Bible study meeting. This game was the last out of town game. 

            Well, I will get the grand kids from school this afternoon and other than voting, I do not plan to be outside in the cold weather. Yes, I do have the kerosene heater, no I do not have any fuel for it, so we will be cold until the fuel arrives.

            We hope your day is warm and safe.

Cold weather?

Senior retired person who doesn’t like it hot or cold, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: