Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

October 12, 2022

            Well, it is dark thirty and I am not getting out to walk until I can see what is around me. Tres and I did go out and get the news paper this morning and we heard a dog barking unusually loud, and from an area where we do not normally hear dogs, so I asked Tres to get the paper and we went in the house. I did look back and observed a female person with a flash light out walking in the dark.

            I did not do much yesterday; I did pick up some sticks and other debris out of both yards. There are leaves falling from the pecan trees and they are sticky like glue. These leaves have been dripping some kind of sap for several weeks and the leave stick to my feet and to Tres, then we unknowingly bring them into the homestead and get, “chewed out”, by my favorite wife.

            I have considered what would happen if I got the ole lawn mower out and tried to mulch these leaves, would they clog the mower up, since they are sticky? I think if we were to get a good rain it would wash the sticky off the leaves and make things better for us all.

             Speaking of rain, they are saying we have a chance of rain Sunday and Monday. I will hold off on the mulching until we see if we get a rain.

            The fair is in Waco now and they said on TV yesterday, that you could get a ticket for $25.00. Now that would get you into the concert and into the rodeo and you could walk around looking at things that you could spend more money on. Prices were less expensive when I was a kid and went to the fair. Back then, most rides were 10 cents.

            I just looked at the cameras, and it is still dark outside. I don’t know if I am required to get a burrito this morning or not, I will go an ask my first wife, be back in a few.

            Ok I am back. My present spouse allowed me to go to the coffee place, and to the burrito place, and I am back. I left the homestead at 6:45am, I drove to the Star coffee place and was impressed with the low amount of traffic on the roads. When I pulled into the coffee place, I noticed that there were no vehicles at the pickup window, usually there are several. I then drove around the building and there were no vehicles in line, I got to the back of the building where we place our orders, and there was no one in line. “I was the only car, no one ahead of me!” That has never happened before, I wondered, am I dreaming? Would you believe, I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming, I was not, it happened just that way!

            I then proceeded to the burrito place and again, there was no one ahead of me, is this my lucky day? Why did I have it so good this morning? I arrived back at the homestead about 7:05am. Wow about a 20-minute trip to get a coffee and burrito!

            Well, I need to see if the Tres wants to go for a walk this morning, so I will call it quits for now, hope your day is lucky and safe.

Recycle day, get it out!

Senior retired person who seems to be lucky this morning, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: