Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2022

October 27, 2022

            As with all my recent postings, I did nothing yesterday, I just set around wishing I had something to do.

            As I stated yesterday, it was too cold to take the Tres for a walk, until after the sun was up and shining. I messed around the house until about 9:00 then we took a nice walk in the warming sun. I know you do not care, but the spoon is still laying in the flower bed, where their mail box is also located.

            Back at the homestead, it was decided that I could go to the hardware store (not a DIB store) and purchase a few items. I needed to get the BBQ gas tank filled, and I want a rat trap, as I suspect there is or will be rats coming into the garage as it gets colder. Heck, I have seen squirrels and birds in the garage, so I assume a rat might show up.

            I was wondering what the cost would be to fill the gas tank, it was $18.00. The fellow who filled the tank for me was very friendly, and we enjoyed some conversations about BBQ and the olden days.

            Before returning home, I had decided to go to the coffee place and see if I could get a cup, which I did. My ole gold card is almost out of money, so the future is looking like I may only be able to have coffee at home. Leaving the coffee drive through with the coffee in hand, I decided to stop by the teller machine and get our $5.00 stipend for the week.

            I made it home safely; I did put the gas tank in the BBQ grill. Then I decided to check the device that is supposed to turn off my sprinkler system after a certain amount of rain. First, I removed it from the utility pole, which is near the back fence. I then brought it to the table on the back patio and began to examine it. I had noticed that the antenna wire was kind of tangled when I was removing it from the post.

            I took the unit apart and cleaned anything that was cleanable, I checked the two batteries to see if they were usable, (the two equaled 6 volts). I then put it back together and got some water. I proceeded to the garage and I poured water on the unit, as I watched the controls in the garage, it turned the sprinkler system to off! I then replace the device on the utility post, and now I wait to see if the coming rain tomorrow will shut the sprinkler system off.

            I did remove the old and new dash cameras from the Ford's ole pickup, and checked to see if they were both working. They both were working, so I decided to place the new camera (which my favorite wife purchased for me for $9.99) in the Ford's ole Chevy and keep the old camera as a backup.

            I had decided since I have had nothing to do all day, I would get a cold drink and go outside and sit. A friend came over with a 5-gallon bucket filled with acorns, which I will give to another friend. We sat and talked for a while; I offered him a cold drink but he noted that he had one on the counter at home. After our friend left my wife came outside to enjoy the afternoon.

            As we sat there relaxing from the day in which I had nothing to do, our neighbors from across the street came over and we enjoyed some lively conversations.

            I do have one thing we are planning to do today, and that is get the 5th virus shot. We are hoping to go this morning and hope there will not be anyone in line, so we can get in and get out quickly.

            Well, I am starting another day of nothingness, if only I had a job. ☹😐😊

            We hope you have a wonder filled day, and please be safe in all you do.

All day Nothingness!

Senior retired person who shopped at a non-DIB store yesterday, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: