Translate

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Yep, it happened 10/26/2021

            Now I know you don’t read the title line, and I understand that some may not understand even if they had read the title line, allow the Don to inform you.

            The first point is, DO NOT! Do not have a large glass of milk on the deck next to your computer and key board. I, knocked a full glass of milk onto my key board and computer yesterday. Luckily, most of the milk was in the key board. A couple keys do not want to work, they are basically stuck. Do not have a large glass of milk on the desk next to your computer!

            A change in topics; I was allowed to go to town with my present spouse yesterday and she purchased a couple items, one was a new light for the front porch. About 40 years ago I installed a motion detector for the front porch light, this detector had a wire and was placed away from the light, see photo.

 


            I was able to install the new light yesterday, and I still need to do some adjusting to the distance that the unit picks up movement. I don’t want it to come on when vehicles drive by.

 


           Next is a teaching moment; SHUT UP! If you want to be considered as a good communicator, let the other person talk. It does not matter if the person is just telling you about something that happened, or if the person is upset, let the other person talk, while you listen.

            You will learn what the other person has to say.

            The other person will feel good knowing you were concerned enough to listen.

            You will feel good knowing that you were there for that person.

 

            Topic change; turn them off, take time together!

            I have a suggestion for anyone. Turn off the TV and radios, get out of the TV room, make time together. My favorite wife and I have been going outside each afternoon, and we just talk about things. Sometimes we discuss olden days, sometimes we talk about something we did that day or want to do tomorrow. Heck, we even talk about our neighbors at times, (neighbor topics are always positive). Time together without distractions like TVs and radio is good. Try it, you will like it!

            The following photo is of a quiet moment.


                                               

Listen, learn, feel good!

Senior retired ole person who thinks he is ready for this day, Don the Ford

1 comment:

John Snider said...

Congrats on setting aside some quiet time! It is a struggle with the busyness of life...