Translate

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Ole person had help 10/16/2021

            Would you believe, this ole senior person had to get help just to rake his front yard? It is rough when you get old. It is really bad if an ole person can't rake his own yard by himself. When an ole person gets to that point in life, it is probably time to just give up, and spend your day taking naps! 😊

            Was there someone in the Don's front yard helping rake the yard yesterday? Well, I guess it depends on how one looks at this situation. The Don did have a friend in his front yard yesterday, and this friend was raking the yard. As the Don looks at it, the Don was not getting help, the Don was helping his friend!

            Jason, (the Don's friend) wanted to get some acorns, as deer seem to like the acorns, and by placing the acorns on the deer lease, they have a better chance of getting a deer. Before that one person chimes in with a comment, yes, you can say that the Don is helping those deer hunters to kill some deer!

            We raked about half of the front yard, and we did not find a lot of acorns. In past years the acorns were so many that they caused a problem when one walked through the front yard. We assume that the unusually bad freeze this year reduced the acorn crop.

            What else did the Don do yesterday? Well, he did go to the Ford's ole shed, and retrieve the Ford's ole chop saw, and set it up in the front yard. Before anyone asks, yes, I could have taken the chop saw into the Ford's ole garage as opposed to the front yard, but I would have had saw dust all over everything. Sawdust inside a building needs to be cleaned up. Having the saw outside the building I can just take the leaf blower out and blow the saw dust away from the saw.

            The Don cut some ole scrap 2x4s into 9 pieces. He then drilled holes into the pieces. Later, possibly today, he will get the sander out and sand these 9 pieces, attempting to smooth the ole scrap wood into something usable. Assuming that works, the Don will possibly use the router to round off the edges. Assuming that works he will then go to the Fords ole shed and procure a couple dowels. The dowels would then be cut into proper lengths. If all that happens the Don would then get the torch out and color the scrap wood pieces.

            Did I tell you I spoke to a senior person yesterday who was looking at the rental house next door? Yep, as I sat outside enjoying a beverage, I observed a vehicle that did not come from our neighborhood, as it drove down the street. I immediately jumped out of the Ford's ole rocker to investigate.

            In truth, I had just come out of the Homestead with drink in hand, and the Tres began to bark at someone. I then investigated, finding a senior person walking around the rental property. I walked over to say hello, and see if I could answer any questions about the neighborhood. I learned that they were from San Antonio. This fellow spoke with a slight accent but it wasn't Spanish. When looking at his clothing, he appeared to be a wealthy person and I liked the hat he was wearing.

 

            Well, I guess that is it for now, I guess I should do something constructive, or not.

What? Why didn't you ask earlier? Heck I am tired, and almost out of words for the day! Ok. I will attempt to explain what I am making with the scrap wood. I am making "Tension relievers" or one might consider them as, "Meditation stimulators"! The unit when properly used, will reduce stress and can enhance one's ability to enter a meditative state.

            I know, you have no idea of what I am saying, and that is ok. These technical devices will be shown in a later posting, and hopefully, I will be able to describe the use of the units in a way that even that one person, (and we all know who you are), will understand!

 

Help others, you will be helped!

 

Senior ole retired person who has scrap wood to work on, Don the Ford

No comments: