Translate

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Are they here 10/23/2021

            Well, that title line could apply to the new neighbors who moved in yesterday, yes, they are here. No, we have not had the opportunity to welcome them yet, they just moved in yesterday, and I am sure it will be a while before they get things unpacked.

            The professionally composed title line applies to, “Are the ghosts here”? Now, if you will allow me to elaborate, I will inform you of the reason for that title line.

            This morning, a little after 5:00am, (yes, I am an early riser) I, along with the two cats, went to the door in the ole office. This door opens into the Ford’s ole garage. As I reached for the door knob, I could hear a sound coming from the garage. Now it is not unusual to hear the refrigerator, which sits next to the door, making sounds as it runs, but this was not the refrigerator.

            I turned the door knob slowly and opened the door. The sound was coming from the back of the garage where the storage rack is located. I quickly learned that the dog skeleton was making the noise. This skeleton has batteries, and when turned on it will bark and growl if you touch it. Both cats were not happy and wanted to get out of the garage, I raised the door a little and they both exited quickly. 

            I made my way to the skeleton and looked the area over, what has touched the skeleton? It was laying on its side, and that is where I had placed it a couple days ago. The skeleton continued to bark and growl as I flipped the switch. I flipped the switch several times before the skeleton would, cease and desist.

            The other day I was messing with the skeleton and it took several attempts to get it to bark and growl one time, and this morning it did not want to stop. So, what started it making noise? Could it have been a Ghost

            Topic change; lets talk about me. Yesterday, my back was doing good and I was happy with no back pain. I ventured out into the back 40 where I was going to water the potted plants. The Tres grabbed his ball and wanted to play. He dropped the ball and I bent over to pick it up, that was not a good move! The pain was back. I don’t know why, but bending over seems to start the pain. I have decided to try something today, and not bend over.

            Have you ever tried to go without bending over? You drop something and what do you instinctively do, you bend over to get the dropped item! The Don has come up with a plan to remind him to, not bend over! Someone should have asked, “What is that plan the Don has come up with”, but no one asked, and that means, no one cares about the Don, or his plan.

            It is difficult to be the Don and not have anyone care for you!

            Allow me to change the topic one more time: I have a relaxing photo for you!

 


 
            Molly seems to be very relaxed during happy hour at the Homestead!

 

May your weekend be safe!

Senior retired ole person who has a plan to not bend over, Don the Ford

No comments: