Translate

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Nephews and Nieces 10/19/2021

            Uncles are often the adult while the nephew or niece is the child, or at least much younger than the uncle.

            Today I am speaking about one of my many nephews. Mike, a nephew of mine, was just a couple years younger than me. I learned that he passed away last Saturday morning. Mike and I were not only related, in the olden days we were buddies. We use to go hunting together for doves, rabbits, ducks, and we even did some goose hunting. There were many good times in my memories, Mike will be missed!

            Yesterday, I spoke to another nephew of mine, his name is Paul, he is three months younger than me. During our conversation it was noted that everyone has friends from time past, and possibly relatives that we do not contact. These friends could be from school, people we worked with, people we ran around with as teenagers. Then we think, I should call each of these people, just the say hi, and asked how they are doing. Many of us, quickly move to a different thought and never call our ole friends.

            We basically live in a habitual world. We do the same things at the same time each day, not even thinking about ole friends or family until we get a message of ones passing. Will we change, probably not.

            Maybe today, if we can call one of our ole friends, it might make their day, and I am sure it will make our day better. Then possibly the ole friend we call, calls one of their ole friends.             Wow, you might start something!

            Topic change; I actually did a few things yesterday. I went to the Ford’s ole shed and cleared the work bench off, I through some items away (yep, I actually was able to toss some items out. There are some items in the back of the shed that I can’t reach right now, but when the Christmas decorations come out, those items will be gone too). Yes, I did sweep all the floor that I could get to, the shed is almost inviting now.

            I started making some wood braces for the ole church bench that sits on the front porch. My favorite spouse asked me to do this. Yesterday, I moved the table saw from the Ford’s ole garage, to the front yard, where I was able to cut the four boards. Each of the boards have a curved end, so the jigsaw was put to used in that endeavor. I will need to use the router and do some sanding to each of the four boards today. I will also need to paint them prior to attaching. No rest for the wicked, I mean ole retired people!

            As I am sitting here, I am aware that they are test firing another rocket. The test fire site is about 8 to 10 miles away, but the test firing is easily heard in Hewitt. This time it sounds as if they were increasing the power, and then decreasing the power, as the noise increased, then decreased, and again increased.

            I got the grand kids off to school safely, and I am now back at home entering these wonderfully compose comments for you, the reading public.

Call a friend? your choice!

 

Senior ole person who is planning to call an ole friend today, Don the Ford

No comments: