Translate

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

What day is it 10/06/2021

            What day is it, he asked, as he was attempting to get out of bed. Each morning this senior retired person tries to determine what day it is. This ole retired person’s memory does not always work with out some effort by this senior person. Is it Monday or is it Friday, what, it’s Wednesday again?

            Allow this retired person to alter the topic; would you believe, this senior person was asked if there was anything he did not like. It is thought that this senior person is such a nice person, that he never has negative comments about things, would there be anything that he does not like?

            Allow this senior person to comment on one thing that he does not like. Shoe strings that come with these shoes. Now I assume there is a proper name for these shoes, which I will call tennis shoes, but I will not get into manufacture names.

            The problem I see with these shoe strings, they are too long. A senior ole person will pull the shoe strings tight, from the bottom to the top, and then attempt to tie them. It is assumed by this senior ole person, that the manufacture thinks that we, the senior group, will put these shoes on and leave the strings very lose from the bottom to the top, not tying the strings, as if we were one of the young people who walk around with shoes not tied.

            To the manufactures, “Provide two sets of strings with each pair of shoes, one long set for young people, and one shorter set for the senior group.” 

            That is the one thing this very nice senior, who almost never makes a negative comment, does not like!

            Topic adjust; I received a call from a good friend last evening. Lonnie lives in Illinois and we use to work together. It was so nice to hear from him and that they are doing well. I at times think about calling friends and then I think, they are probably busy doing something, so I don’t call as I don’t want to disturb them. 

            We should go ahead and call friends, heck if they are busy, we can call back later. 

            Subject change; my first wife wants me to put some photos of the people on her call list on her phone. She said it is easier seeing someone’s face when a call comes in, rather than trying to see the phone number and knowing who it is, who’s calling. I hope I am capable, you know, senior ole people are not very proficient with phones and computers.

 

Call not and be lonely!

Senior ole retired person who needs to get busy, Don the Ford   

No comments: