Translate

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Your attitude 10/21/21

            Let us get to, “Your Attitude”! Yesterday, I severely trimmed the grass and weeds along the fence and flower beds in the back 40. I started the Ford’s ole riding mower and drove it around the yard bringing it to the shed for gas. I noticed that it seemed to be steering oddly. As I was putting gas in the mower, I noticed that the front tire was not only flat, it was off the wheel. 

            Now I told you all that to get to this point, your attitude at any point in time can, and will, influence your behavior. My attitude was, working with my back hurting sucks, and I wasn’t looking at anything in a positive nature.

            I needed to get the tire up off the ground so I got some scrap wood pieces. I was using a 4 foot long 2 x 4 as a lever, to lift the front of the mower. As I pushed down the mower came up, the board broke. That began the irritation for the Don! I put the remainder of that board under the mower and began to lift the front of the mower, the board broke again. Did that irritate me, YES, but just for a second, then I began to laugh. Nothing was going right, but I did not need to be upset. I laughed thinking that isn’t too big of a deal. I got another board and was able to lift the mower, and I placed the three pieces of the broken board under the mower to keep it up off the ground.

            So, what seemed a problem (broken board) became the solution to the project. Seemingly bad happenings, turned out to be good!

            Even when things are going wrong, if you can keep a positive attitude, things will get better.

            Let’s see some photos: first a flower growing in the street, then a flower in our back 40.


    

 
           I added a board to one of our benches yesterday, and used the outside work bench.


 

 

     
      Now it is coffee time, see you later!

 

Positivity makes things better!

Senior retired person who needs to mow the front yard, Don the Ford

No comments: