Translate

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Neck raining 10/02/2021

            It is very odd, the way an ole seniors brain works, if it works. This morning as the Tres and I were walking, an odd thought came to mind, “Riding horses, and how to control them”! What would cause riding a horse to come to mind while this senior person was walking. Now in the olden days, that is when I was a child person, I was a horse nut. Nope I never owned a horse, but my friends did. Heck, when we lived in the country, most of the girls I knew, and several of the boys, had horses.

            Anyway, I see controlling a horse as interesting. Nope, I am not going to try and explain all the giddy ups and woos of controlling the animal. Neck raining can be looked up on your smart phone.

            Yesterday afternoon, as I sat outside the homestead all alone, I was surprised by three crows flying over my head. It appeared that one crow was chasing the other two. One of the crows was hollering a lot and they were so low that I could hear the air movement from their wings.  

            It was possibly 10 minutes later as this lonely ole senior sat out side by himself, tears were almost in his eyes, when suddenly 7 crows flew over where I was sitting. Again, one of them was making a lot of noise. Maybe the crows were trying to help this lonely ole senior not feel so lonely.

            Have you ever had to sit all alone, with no one to talk with, and only the adult beverage as company? It is sometimes amazing how ideas come to you as you meditate.

            What? Sitting all alone can be considered as meditation.

            So, during this meditation, I came up with an idea as to how to put a couple handles on the new outside work bench. Yes, I have the small wheels on two of the legs, but it is difficult to lift the other end, which makes the wheels come in contact with the ground. A couple handles will make the moving of the bench much easier.

            Note: a friend commented that I had made a table and not a bench. I appreciated his comment, and I explained, in my opinion, tables do not have a shelf and my bench does.      

            I have an idea for the handles, and these handles can basically stay on the unit, they will be out of the way unless needed. That means I need to do some more work, and I need to buy some galvanized pipe and maybe a couple fittings. I also need to paint the unit after the other work is completed. Never any rest for a senior person.

            Topic swap; the White Winged Dove are enjoying the crushed pecans from trees along the street. The cars crush the pecans, and the doves eat them.

May you handle your work!

Senior retired person who needs to get a handle on things, Don the Ford

            F Y I   sitting alone is nice at times, don’t feel bad for me!

 

 

No comments: