Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Pick up the pace 10/30/2021

            Well, I did not pick up the pace yesterday, but I did pick up the small branches and other debris from the Ford’s ole front yard. I was using the ole person picker upper, you know so this ole person did not need to bend over to get the stuff, and the Ford’s ole red wagon to move it from the yard to the trash container. I had “4” ole red wagon loads of debris for the trash container.

            The wind was blowing like crazy and would occasionally remove items from the Ford’s ole red wagon as soon as I put them in. I started about 9:00 and did not finish until about 11:30. The yard looks some what better now. After a short lunch of left overs I proceeded to the back 40 where I was attempting to trim a few bushes, no I don’t know the name of the bushes, but they were very tall. The wind was blowing so hard that I stopped after trimming one bush.

            As I was putting the tools away, I began to notice all the debris in the back 40, and I remembered, the trash can is full. Darn it, I will need to wait until next week to pick the junk up from the back 40.

            This morning (Saturday) as the Tres took me outside to do his watering of at least one flower pot, and then get the paper, I noticed one star in the sky. This one and only star that I could see, was blinking. As I stared at it, I thought that it must be a plane a long way off, coming my direction. I stopped staring at the twinkling light and looked around the neighborhood thinking, when I look back, if it is a plane, it will have moved. I then looked back and it had not moved. Only one blinking star that I could see in the sky. That must be a sign, that I, the silly grandpa, am a shining star also.         What other reason could there be?

            Topic change; we just returned from a venture out into the country. My favorite wife seen a yard sale listed in the paper and they had some of the plastic nativity characters. We jumped in the Ford’s ole Chevy and asked for directions. We learned we would be driving 30 miles, one way. Eventually, we found this sale along with several other people. They had already sold the items that she wanted. We started for home and it was a very odd feeling, I was lost. I did not turn around and drive back down the narrow road that we had come on.

            In the olden days when I would be on a motorcycle and exploring new roads, it was more interesting and fun. Being in a car and on roads that I had never seen before was just an odd, lost feeling. We eventually came to a road that took us to a road that we knew.

            We did stop and get a couple burritos when we got back in Hewitt, now I do not need lunch. I think my favorite wife has a project for me this afternoon, I mean she may allow me to paint some.  

No wind, must work!

Senior ole retired person who rests better than he works, Don the Ford

No comments: