Translate

Friday, October 8, 2021

Most of it is done 10/08/2021

              I got most of the to-do-list done yesterday. What I did not get done, I did get it started, some projects take longer. I will continue working on projects today, I hope to get the last piece of pipe so the outside work bench can be completed.

              Bad news; I went to the booze emporium yesterday, and was told they still do not have my booze. I asked why they are out and I was told, “I keep ordering it but I can’t get it”. Now the booze I drink is a less expensive version, and possibly everyone is now drinking the cheap stuff because they can’t afford the real good stuff. I may now need to start something new, “Un-happy hour”!  Blame it on the politicians!

              There was a black kitten out in our drive way yesterday morning, it ran under the Ford’s ole truck. The grandkids looked for the kitten but we have no idea where it went. We looked all under the truck and even raised the hood, but no kitten was found. Also, we have no idea where it came from as it was very young.

              The front yard looks good now, yes, I mowed it yesterday. I also spread the fertilizer late yesterday afternoon, after returning from a nice supper at a restaurant, and the lawn sprinklers ran this morning. The grass should be much greener today!

              There are still plenty of projects that I need to do, but it can be said, I am a little lazy. I do have a list for today but I will not bore you with the list.

              A memory came to mind; when we first got married, I had a saying or maybe it was a goal, “If you can’t pay cash don’t buy it!”

              I remember buying a portable TV and the price was about $200.00. The sells fellow talked me into making payments for 12 months. I had never made payments on anything. I got the first bill and there was some amount of interest added to the monthly payment. I went in, complained, pay for the item, and developed the thought, “Save money and Pay cash”!

              Another memory along the same line, my present spouse and I were purchasing our first Ford Van. It was blue and white, it was new, it had been customized a little, the back seat folded into a bed, it had a table that would sit behind the two front seats, there was two seats at the table and they would turn, and lean back, the entire van was carpeted and the back windows were tented.

              This purchase was back in the early 80s, the price, if memory serves me, was about $14,000. We were talking with the sales person and he was trying to get us to finance the vehicle. He told us we could make money by putting the $14,000 in a bank and drawing interest. We argued with him for almost an hour before he agreed to us paying cash.

Pay cash if you can!

Senior retired person who has almost $6.00 in his pocket, Don the Ford

No comments: