Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

This could be the last one 08/31/2021

            Yes, it could be! I do assume that most of you know what I am referring to, but for that one person I will attempt to splain. I am stating, this could be the last time that I post to this blog, this month. It is the last day of the month, and unless I come up with some exciting topic, it will be the last posting for this month!

            I am admitting for the first time again, I have made an error. I know, that statement is difficult for anyone to believe, the Don has made his first error (again).

            I had made plans on paper as to a scrap wood project that I needed to do. I had measured the generator and then drew a design on paper of what I would like the project to look like.

            Being a retired person on a fixed income, I do not have a shop to work in. Yes, as you know, I must work outside in the Texas weather. I went to the Ford’s ole shed and procured the chop saw. I was able to set the chop saw up in the back yard, there was shade for this ole person to work in. I had made a note of how long I needed to make each of these pieces of scrap wood, and took it with me, I did not take the drawing with me.

            I measured twice and cut once; all 10 pieces of scrap wood were cut to proper length. No error at that time. I like to notch the 2 x 4s so when put together, they are the same thickness as the original 2 x 4. If you do not understand the notching, then you might want to stop reading now. Well, I notched 8 of the 2 x 4s two times each. (That is 16 notches)

            The error was, 4 of the notches are in the wrong place. I may be able to continue, even though the notches are in the wrong place. If not, I have two follow up plans, both will work.

            As we see, if the Don makes an error, his plans are so good, you the observer, would not know it was not the original plan. Why did I tell you this? Now you know that the Don can seem to be perfect even when there is an error. 

            Well, I guess that is it for now, I need to get to work before it gets too hot for my ole senior body.

 

Be careful, the virus is everywhere!

 

Senior person who works as hard now as he did when employed, Don the Ford 

                        Yes, I took naps during breaks at work!

No comments: