Translate

Monday, August 30, 2021

What's up? 08/30/2021

            Well, let’s see what is happening with friends and family.

            This morning I have already gone for a walk with the Tres, drove to the Mexican restaurant and bought burritos for me and my favorite spouse. While out on the mission to acquire food, I ventured forth to get a cup of that coffee. Burrito and coffee were good!

         We have several friends who have the virus. A couple of them are in the hospital while others are at home. As I understand it, they had a get together and someone shared the virus, most of them were not vaccinated.

            We have learned that my favorite granddaughter had lost her ability to taste anything. She went to get a test for the virus, and has had two tests both negative. The doctor said he wanted her to stay home (quarantine) from school for now, just in case. Since she is quarantined, her dad’s employer will require him to stay home too. Oh, Alex is staying home also.  They will take her back for a third test this week, and they should know for sure, one way or the other. 

            I guess we should all wear a mask, even if we have received the shot.

            There was a package at the use to be neighbor’s front porch. I have retrieved it and will take it to the post office today. The post office was not supposed to deliver anything to that house, as it is vacant, and there is a note in the mail box that informs the post-person (do you like the name post-person and not mail man or mail woman) do not deliver any mail! Maybe, the mail-person can’t read!

            I have several things to do today:

            I brought the generator from the shed to the garage yesterday, I need to change the oil, run it for a while, and build a portable shelf to put over it, so we can keep it clean and easy to access while storing odd things on the shelf.

            I have what I call the above ground sprinkler system (most of it is above ground) in the back flower beds. There is a leak that I need to repair, darn it, I will get my hands dirty digging in the flower bed.

            Too much work for a senior retired person!

 

We don’t know who has the virus!

Where a mask just in case!

Senior retired person who needs to get to work and also needs a nap, Don the Ford

No comments: