Translate

Monday, August 16, 2021

Monday is here 08/16/2021

            Allow me to comment on yesterday first. It rained a little, yep just a little and I will not need to water the berries or the flowers! Just a little over 2 inches of rain, nice! It would have been nice to have had the cover complete, but we would not have set outside during that rain, there was severe lightning in the area!

            My wife will allow me to create a bench for a flower pot or two, and it will be placed on the patio, next to the grill, assuming the cover ever gets completed. I have enough scrap wood to make this bench, so it will only cost me the time it takes to butcher the wood.

            First, I will need to wait and see how much room we may have when the cover is complete. Second, while mowing Saturday, I noticed that one of the roof panels is white, and the other panels are and off white. They are not the same and I or anyone can see the difference. The contractor will need to get one more panel. How long will that take?

            Third, the back yard is very wet, he will not be allowed to drive his truck into the back yard. I don’t know why he would need to take his truck back there, as the rest of the work is installing metal, no more welder. Forth, we have not paid him any part of the agreed price, and we do not plan to pay until he gets finished. That means completed to our expectation!

            Topic change, we have been gathering mail for the ex-neighbor. They have moved away, but they are still getting mail. We will check on Monday and then we will put the mail in a big envelope and send it to them. I did put the trash can out for them, it was full of trash and would have been a mess if it was left there.

            We do not know who will be moving in next door, we hope they are good neighbors.  

            The above was written on Sunday. 

            Tres and I took our usual walk today (Monday) and for some reason he seemed very energetic. By that I mean, I had to walk fast, actually getting some exercise! I guess it was because the temperature was somewhat cooler than usual. Heck, I wore jeans and not shorts today, that is the first time for jeans in a couple weeks.

            I have my second cup of coffee here at the desk, and that makes life much better.

            There was a question the other day, where did My favorite wife and I go for my birthday meal? Being retired ole people on a fixed income, we stayed at home, had we have received a donation we could have gone out, but no donation, no restaurant!

            Update; the contractor arrived and we discussed the sheet of roofing that was different from the others. He said, it is there to protect the other sheets from damage, it will not be used.

            I guess that is it for now, tune in later and I will try to provide an update on the patio cover.

If you haven’t already, get vaccinated!

Senior retired person who needs his hair cut, but that cost money, Don the Ford

No comments: