Translate

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Found it 08/24/2021

            I didn't find it, my present spouse did. It was on the floor behind a door in the homestead. How did it get there, I don't know? Why was she looking behind the door, she may have been hoping to find some change so she could purchase some food for the homestead.

            Happily, I again have a pocket knife in each front pocket. 😊

            If anyone has considered whether the tree trimming people have come to our house, or called, no they haven't. I have a photo for your consumption. No, don't eat it, just review it and take it into your mind.

                                                           

            In the photo we see a white spot in the center, that is the moon. The photo was taken to show some of the limbs that need to be removed at the Ford homestead. Yes, there is an electrical wire in that area, and care must be taken when trimming. There are three trees and a 10-foot-tall stump in the back 40, and two trees in the front yard that need attention. Two of the trees in the back 40 can be reduced to nothing. (The tall stump is the remains of a tree that I had cut down years ago. I would butcher these trees myself if there was nothing but ground for them to fall on, and if I didn't have to pick up the remains. Clean up after tree trimming is more work than cutting.)

            I did get some of the dead black berry vines out of the #2 bed yesterday morning, prior to the sun causing me to move into the shade.

            Yesterday, during our drive from the school to Alex's home, I being a silly grandpa was attempting to help Alex learn some of the things that I learned as a kid. I told him the rhyme or whatever it is called, and his response was, "What is Turpentine?"

                        Teacher, teacher, I've been thinking,

                        what is that that you've been drinking,

                        it isn't beer, it isn't wine,

                        oh my gosh its turpentine.

            As you can see, kids of today are not getting all the information that they need to succeed in life. I believe that turpentine is, or was used as solvent.

Turpentine for happy hour?

Senior retired person on a fixed income who has no turpentine, Don the Ford

No comments: