Translate

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Worms 08/08/2021

            Worms have been around forever, and I want to talk about worms today. Dogs get worms and people get worms; I hope you and I don’t have worms! There is a worm known as a, “Tapeworm”. If you have one, please go to the doctor!

            Here at the Ford’s homestead, I found out that “I have worms. I know, that is not a subject that you want to hear me talk about, but I am not talking, I am writing about the worms. Yes, you can stop reading now and not know if the senior ole retired person has the right medicine to get rid of these worms.

            As some of you may know, our neighbor who will be moving away this week, is a doctor. No, he isn’t moving because we are bad neighbors, we aren’t that bad, at least I don’t think we are that bad. Now that I think of it we do not get many visits from our neighbors. Heck, if we get one visit a week we feel as if we are something special.

            How did you get me off the topic? Our neighbor is a medical doctor, and he in fact provided me with the needed prescription to get rid of my worms. In fact, he provided me with the prescription and drugs that I needed. They are good neighbors and we will miss them when they leave.

            Speaking of leaving, another neighbor advised me yesterday that they were leaving town today on a vacation with their grandson. I volunteered to keep an eye on things, and I said I would call his son if anything seems odd at his house. He explained that his son would be out of town too, so I guess if anything seems odd, I will call the police.

            This morning as I was surveying the back 40, I was looking for dog droppings that I would need to remove today, as tomorrow is trash day, and I want to get the droppings in the trash container. During my survey, I found several mass deposits that I will need to remove later. As I transverse the area I noticed some pecans on the #2 pecan tree. These pecans caught my attention as there was no leaves on the limb. I have a photo, please review.


                                                           

            My first thought was, hay that makes it easy to find the pecans, then I thought, why are there no leaves. I made a closer survey and I found out why there were no leaves, WORMS! These worms had eaten all the leaves off that limb, and they were moving along the limb to remove more leaves.

 


                                              

            In the above photo I tried to show you the worms, but it isn’t a very good photo. I did get the bug spray that the Doctor next door had given me, (aka prescription for worms) since he was moving and did not want to take it with him, and I sprayed the worms.

            Later as I was creating this wonderful article, I decided to get a better photo of the worms, the limb has no worms on it now! Yep, the prescription that Doc gave me worked, and my worms have been eradicated.

            Well, it looks as if I have wasted all my time talking about neighbors and worms, I guess I will just close out this article without elaborating about my first wife and I’s activities yesterday, even though we both sprayed several bushes around the Homestead yesterday, with something that she had purchased. 

 

Hope your day is great!

Senior retired person who will try to rest today, after I pickup poop, Don the Ford

No comments: